This Cheese Bread is extra fast, no rise time, no kneading and no yeast required.
Flavorful and tender, this bread is loaded with cheese and needs just about 15 minutes to prepare.
Favorite Savory Quick Bread
QUICK Ingredients for this recipe are most likely in the pantry already, and freshly shredded cheese!
EASY No rising, no yeast, no kneading. About 15 minutes prep time is all you need!
DELICIOUS Soft and full of flavor. Serve warm with butter for a side dish that will quickly turn into the star of the table!
DRY ingredients are simple, flour, baking powder & salt (and some butter!)
WET Milk & eggs, staples in any kitchen!
CHEESE Cheddar and parmesan cheese are used in this recipe, but feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand! Swiss, Mozza, or pepper jack!
MIX IT UP
It’s such a versatile quick bread! Add a little garlic powder for an extra zing, or substitute the cheddar for swiss for a whole new flavor profile.
Try adding cooked ham or bacon to your loaf before baking! Jalapenos, olives, or even sun-dried tomatoes would all taste great too.
How to Make Cheese Bread
Super easy homemade cheese bread is a favorite. The steps are similar to that of making biscuits without the rolling.
- Whisk dry ingredients (per recipe below) together. Cut in the butter.
- Add eggs and milk and stir.
- Bake according to recipe or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
What to Serve Cheese Bread With
Cheese bread makes great sandwiches, obviously!
How to Store It
Keep cheese bread in an airtight container on the countertop or in the fridge- anywhere it will stay dry and fresh from other odors.
Can It Be Frozen?
- Cheese bread can be frozen as an entire loaf or in separate slices so you can use what you need! Just make sure it is kept airtight.
- To avoid sogginess, ensure the bread is completely cooled before sealing.
Delicious Breads to Try!
- Easy Beer Bread – only 5 ingredients
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bread – great for game day
- Homemade Garlic Bread – perfect with pasta
- Bubble Pizza Bread – 3 simple ingredients
- Bacon Cheddar Garlic Bread – loaded with bacon
Did your family love this Cheese Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cheese Bread (Quick Bread)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cold butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 ½" x 4" loaf pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in butter. Stir in cheeses and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add milk and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened, do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe Adapted Martin, Verneil. “Cheese Quick Bread”. Recipe. Among Friends. Centax Books, SK, 1989. 32. Print.