Sausage Cheese Dip packs tons of flavor with just a handful of ingredients. Savory Italian sausage is mixed into a cheesy base for the perfect quick game day snack!
Easy to make, easy to take, and even easier to heat, serve this dip warmed for a crowd pleasin’, belly warmin’ snack.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, all opinions expressed are our own.
Sausage Cheese Dip is a great appetizer and is loaded with flavor. Spicy Italian sausage adds a little kick and of course loads of cheesy goodness make this impossible to skip!
Ingredients & Variations
Sausage I use spicy Italian for a kick and lots of flavor. You can substitute your favorite sausage in this recipe.
Cheese Cream cheese and processed cheese make a great creamy base. I add in a handful of sharp cheddar for some extra flavor!
Milk Just a splash or two will make this have a great dipping consistency.
Make it Spicy
I love spicy dips from buffalo chicken dip to our fave jalapeño popper dip. To up the heat in this dip, add in some diced jalapeño or a few chili flakes! I can assure you that I don’t let heartburn stop me from indulging in my favorite appetizers like this one!
Always talk to your doctor or a licensed professional before taking a new medication.
ODT can provide affordable relief to those of us that suffer from heartburn two or more days per week, and you can grab it at Walmart (or other retailers) while you’re grabbing your groceries! It’s the store brand, so it’s less expensive than the national brand. Find Omeprazole ODT at a retailer near you. If you’re like me, it’s not always easy to remember to take medication on time. Having tablets that can easily dissolve on the tongue means I can keep a stash in my purse and discreetly take them any time and any place (no water needed). Perfect for someone like me who is on the go all the time!
Relief can come in as little as 24 hours but it can take up to 1-4 days for full effect (it is not for immediate relief). They’re so convenient, simply place the strawberry-flavored tablet on your tongue and let it dissolve (they’re the same small size shown on the box). Being able to take heartburn medication easily and discreetly makes tailgating and get-togethers more enjoyable (and heartburn free)… allowing me to indulge in my favorite heartburn-triggering recipes!
Use Omeprazole ODT as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take it for more than 14 days or more frequently than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor.
How to Make Sausage Cheese Dip
This easy cheesy dip is so simple to prepare but is full of flavor!
- Brown sausage until no pink remains, drain off the fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except shredded cheese, and gently whisk until melted and combined (per recipe below).
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and keep stirring until the cheddar cheese is melted.
Ladle into a serving bowl (or serve in a mini crock pot to keep it warm) and serve with an assortment of your favorite dippers!
What to Serve with Sausage Cheese Dip
All kinds of dippers go great with this sausage cheddar cream cheese dip.
- Crackers & Bread: Crackers, chips, crostini, pretzel sticks, or breadsticks.
- Veggies: Broccoli or cauliflower florets, celery sticks, zucchini coins
Or even a plate full of homemade french fries!
That’s what’s so great about this recipe! It can totally be made up two three days in advance, the flavors will have a chance to really blend, making it taste even better!
Be sure you keep the sausage cheese dip in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
Leftovers can be frozen and heated on the stove with a splash of milk. Even better, add the leftovers into some cooked macaroni or pasta and turn them into a meal!
Cheesy Delicious Appetizers
- Beer Cheese Dip – great hot, warm, or cold!
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip – loaded with bacon
- Cheesy Hot Crab Dip – a party favorite
- Cream Cheese Dip – with spicy jalapeños!
Sausage Cheese Dip
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- ½ cup onion diced
- 8 ounces processed cheese block such as Velveeta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- Brown sausage and onion until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add processed cheese and cream cheese. Stir over medium heat until melted. Whisk in mustard powder, milk, and Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking until hot and bubbly.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crostini.