Garlic Cream Sauce is an easy creamy sauce, great for pasta and for veggies!
Just a handful of ingredients including butter, cream, and of course lots of garlic, this sauce takes just minutes to make.
What is Garlic Cream Sauce?
- Garlic cream sauce is an easy-to-make sauce with a rich creamy texture and a nice garlicky flavor.
- This sauce is creamy like alfredo sauce or cream cheese sauce, but has more garlic flavor and doesn’t have a strong parmesan cheese flavor.
- This sauce is great on pasta, served with seafood or over cauliflower.
Ingredients & Variations
INGREDIENTS: Garlic, butter, flour, cream, some parsley, are all the simple ingredients needed for this recipe. There are no artificial ingredients in this homemade sauce, unlike store-bought brands. It calls for light cream, but heavy cream can also be used.
VARIATIONS: Add some bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon to the sauce. Add a splash of white wine, a pinch of cayenne, or a dose of parmesan or swiss cheese.
How to Make Garlic Cream Sauce
A few minutes to make this garlic cream sauce!
- Combine garlic and butter in a pan and cook just until fragrant.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more.
- Wisk in cream and simmer until thickened (as per recipe below). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This creamy garlic sauce can be used for drizzling over asparagus, potatoes, or air fryer cauliflower. Stir it into macaroni and cheese, leftover mashed potatoes or add it to a favorite zucchini recipe.
Tips for a Great Garlic Sauce
- Use fresh garlic and be sure it doesn’t brown.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Parmesan cheese is a great addition to this recipe.
The white sauce will last in the refrigerator for 5 days. It will need to be reheated gently. This sauce can also be frozen in freezer bags or small containers for up to 6 months. Freeze in usable portions.
More Quick Pasta Sauces
- 20 Minute Lemon Pasta
- Quick Broccoli Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Cacio e Pepe
Garlic Cream Sauce
- ⅓ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅔ cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Combine butter and garlic in a small skillet and cook over medium low heat until the butter is melted and you can begin to smell the garlic.
- Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more. Stir in cream, a bit at a time, whisking after each addition. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Season generously with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with pasta or as a dipping sauce for chicken, shrimp or steak.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Love making this but I always have an issue with the cream separating from the rest when I add it. Any tips?
It could be that your heat is too high when adding the cream. You could also try using a higher fat percentage cream which will help prevent this from happening.
Do you think this sauce would be good over pork tenderloin?
I am sure it would be delicious Cynthia! I also love this pork tenderloin with Dijon sauce.
Amazing recipe thanks. I added sliced (cooked) sausage and served it with pan fried Gnocchi. Plus green veg.
So glad you loved the recipe Anthony!
Go to pizza sauce! love it and easy, a crowd pleaser!
Made this tonight & used some pasta water to thin the sauce, added fresh pasta and blackened chicken. It was so good! Definitely a restaurant worthy sauce.
Thanks, Kristen! So happy you enjoyed it.
So good! I caramelized onions and yellow bell peppers then sautéed the garlic before adding the other ingredients (doubled the recipe). Used half and half instead of cream; adding additional half/half until desired consistency. Added a bag of steamed sweet peas. Tossed in package of cooked pasta. Turned out amazing!
That sounds like an amazing dish!
So easy and so good!! Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed it, Krista!
I haven’t tried this, but it looks so good. I will put it over pasta.
Hope you love it Nata!
Have you tried using this sauce to make a white pizza?
We haven’t tried that but it would be delicious as a pizza sauce!