Bacon wrapped dates are an easy, elegant, and delicious appetizer that will be the hit of your party. Rich, sweet dates are stuffed with almonds (or cheese), wrapped in bacon, brushed with a sweet heat glaze and baked until crisp and warm.
We have partnered with Mirum to bring you this easy appetizer recipe! While this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
Bacon Wrapped Dates make the perfect addition to your holiday snacking! They can be made ahead of time and everyone raves about them!
We stuff them with almonds or blue cheese and add a little sweet sticky glaze as the finishing touch!
The holiday season means some great eating, and delicious comfort food. But with all of the cooking, heartburn can be inevitable for some. There is nothing worse than trying to enjoy time with friends and family while feeling uncomfortable from heartburn. Luckily, that’s not a problem for me anymore!
Store brand Omeprazole ODT commissioned the “Beating the Holiday Burn” survey of 2,000 Americans and found that 85 percent of Americans admit to overeating during the holidays, with nearly two thirds (61 percent) feeling physically uncomfortable after eating a holiday meal. Sixty four percent of sufferers wish there was a more convenient treatment for their heartburn.
Always talk to your doctor or a licensed professional before taking a new medication.
If you’re a frequent heartburn sufferer, being proactive and taking Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets (also referred to as ODT) helps keep heartburn at bay. Store brand ODT can provide affordable relief to those of us that suffer from heartburn two or more days per week, and you can grab it at Walmart (or other retailers) while you’re grabbing your groceries! If you’re like me, it’s not always easy to remember to take medication on time. Having tablets that can easily dissolve on the tongue means I can keep a stash in my purse and discreetly take them any time and any place (without water). Perfect for someone like me who is on the go all of the time, especially during the busy holiday season!
Relief can come in as little as 24 hours but it can take up to 1-4 days for full effect and is not for immediate relief). They’re so convenient—simply place the strawberry-flavored tablet on your tongue and let it dissolve (they’re the same small size shown on the box). Being able to take heartburn medication easily and discreetly makes holiday parties easier and more enjoyable… and allows me to enjoy my indulge in my favorites!
Use Omeprazole ODT as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn. Do not take it for more than 14 days or more frequently than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor.
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Dates
To make this classic holiday appy:
- Cut a small slice in each date and fill with an almond (for delicious crunch) or blue cheese, goat cheese or cream cheese.
- Wrap bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick (this can double as a handle for the guests you serve these to).
- Combine sriracha and maple syrup, then brush it over the bacon for some sticky sweet heat.
How Long To Bake Bacon Wrapped Dates
Bacon wrapped dates take about 24 minutes at 425°F. The dates should be soft and heated through, and the bacon should be crisp and caramelized.
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Dates
Can You Freeze Bacon Wrapped Dates?
Bacon wrapped dates are a great appetizer because they can be made ahead and baked when you’re ready to serve them. We make them up to 2 days in advance and store them in the fridge before baking.
To freeze bacon wrapped dates:
- Prepare them up until baking, then arrange on a baking sheet to flash freeze them.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Put bacon wrapped dates in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
To defrost bacon wrapped dates, just place them on a baking sheet in the fridge the morning before baking.
I don’t suggest freezing cooked bacon wrapped dates, as the texture of the dates will change through baking.
More Delicious Finger Foods
- Baked Buffalo Wings – our favorite
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms – also make ahead!
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs – a classic
- Sausage Balls – 3 ingredients
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip) – great for parties
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 24 pitted dates
- 12 slices bacon cut in half
- almonds or blue cheese optional fillings
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on the baking sheet.
- Optional: Cut a small slice in each date and fill with 1 almond or 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Wrap bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine maple syrup and sriracha. Brush over bacon.
- Bake 20-24 minutes or until bacon is crisp turning after 10 minutes.