Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are quick and easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time. When your guests arrive, simply baked before serving.
These stuffed mushrooms are filled with a rich, cheesy crab filling and topped with buttery crumbs.
Bake these juicy mushroom caps until tender and melty with a golden topping.
The Best Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Easy to make with canned crab, these are great for any occasion.
- This recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance and baked before serving.
- Stuffed mushrooms can be frozen before baking and cooked right from frozen.
- Naturally low carb (skip the bread crumbs if you’d like) and delicious for everyone.
- Great as an appetizer or even a side dish with steak.
Crab for Stuffed Mushrooms
Pretty much anything goes! A small amount goes a long way and our preference is canned crab meat for the flavor, price, and availability. You can also use lump crab meat.
Fresh crab meat can be used but we prefer to eat it on its own or in pasta. Frozen or imitation crab will work in this recipe too if that is what is available to you.
How to Clean Mushrooms for Stuffing
We like either brown/cremini mushrooms or white button mushrooms for stuffing. Choose medium to small mushrooms for an easier appetizer bite!
- Use a damp paper towel to clean the outside of the mushrooms. Mushrooms can soak up water so don’t leave them in water too long. If needed give them a quick rinse and then wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Once they’re wiped, snap off the stem and use a spoon or tomato corer/strawberry huller to remove some of the gills as well to create a larger cavity to fill. Take care when scooping out the insides, so the mushroom doesn’t tear or break.
Ingredient Tip: Save the mushroom stems and chop them to add extra flavor to stew, soup, casseroles, or even stuffing. Fry them along with ground beef in almost any recipe.
How To Make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Clean out the mushrooms as directed above.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in the remaining ingredients (per the recipe below).
- Fill the mushrooms and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until bubbly!
To make the best crab stuffed mushrooms, I like to whip the cream cheese before adding the crab meat. This creates a light and fluffy melt in your mouth filling.
How Long To Bake Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms take about 18-20 minutes at 375°F, but this can change depending on the size of the mushrooms.
You want to make sure the mushroom is cooked through and the filling is hot and melty.
Can You Freeze Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
Yes! I love prepping crab stuffed mushrooms in advance and freezing them for potlucks or when guests show up. They can be cooked right from frozen (you’ll need to add about 10 min of cook time).
- Crab Rangoon Crescent Cups
- Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
- Crab Rangoon (Crab & Cream Cheese filled Wontons)
- Cheesy Crab Rangoon Dip (Hot Crab Dip)
Did you enjoy these Crab Stuffed Mushrooms? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces crab canned or frozen
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Thaw crab meat if frozen (drain if canned). Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any debris. Using a small spoon or tomato corer, remove stems and spoon out the insides of the mushroom. Discard (or freeze for soup).
- Divide the filling over the mushroom caps. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and tops are golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Easy Appetizers
- Pigs in a Blanket – 2 Ingredients!
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – Favorite!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – easy appetizer
- Cowboy Caviar – our guests love these!
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip – Mmmm, BACON!