Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate appetizer. Juicy mushrooms are stuffed with tender crab meat and cream cheese filling, topped with breadcrumbs, and baked until melty.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed Mushrooms with cream cheese are always a way to impress. While I love them stuffed with creamy crab, I sometimes stuff them with other things like pizza toppings or even just salsa. Mushrooms can be stuffed with pretty much anything!
How To Make Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab Stuffed mushrooms are really easy to make! Use a damp paper towel to clean the outside of the mushrooms. Running them under water can cause mushrooms to soak up water resulting in wet soggy stuffed mushrooms!
I snap off the stem and using a spoon or tomato corer/strawberry huller to remove some of the gills as well to create a larger cavity to fill. Take care when scooping out the insides, so the mushroom doesn’t tear or break.
To make perfect crab stuffed mushrooms, I like to whip the cream cheese adding the crab meat in. This creates a light and fluffy melt in your mouth filling. Fill the mushrooms, top them with the delicious crumb topping, and bake them until the crab filling is bubbly and the topping is golden. Voila!
The best party appetizer since sliced bread.
How Long To Cook Stuffed Mushrooms
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms take about 18-20 minutes at 375°F, but this can change depending on the size of the mushrooms.
You want to make sure the mushroom is cooked through and the filling is hot and melty.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Mushrooms?
Yes! I love prepping crab stuffed mushrooms in advance and throwing them in the freezer for potlucks or when we get hungry. Just remember to adjust the cooking times accordingly. They can be cooked right from frozen (you’ll need to add about 10 min of cook time).
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Pigs in a Blanket – 2 Ingredients!
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – Favorite!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Video)
- Cowboy Caviar – our guests love these!
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels – super pretty
- Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip – Mmmm, BACON!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces crab canned or frozen
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Thaw crab meat if frozen (drain if canned). Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix cream cheese until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any debris. Using a small spoon or tomato corer, remove stems and spoon out the insides of the mushroom. Discard (or freeze for soup).
- Divide the filling over the mushroom caps. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and tops are golden.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
REPIN this Easy Appetizer