Sausage Balls are easy, cheesy and oh so delicious! These 3 ingredient sausage balls are a great addition to your party menu and are perfect served any time of year!
Like Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies, these can be made ahead of time, require very little prep and are always one of the first things to go!
I love to entertain and we always have friends and family over for snacks and drinks. I prefer make ahead appetizers like Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Balls or our favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip. Making appies ahead of time means I can enjoy more time with my guests and less time rushing around the kitchen! These easy sausage balls are the perfect tasty little morsels to add to your snack table.
If you are looking for a great after school snack or a delicious treat for last minute guests, these Bisquick sausage balls will definitely hit the mark! They’re crisp on the outside and tender on the inside with a cheesy goodness throughout.
How to Make Sausage Balls
Having only 3 ingredients, these sausage balls insanely easy to prepare!
- Combine biscuit mix, sausage and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix thoroughly and roll into balls on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake and enjoy!
Can you Freeze Sausage Balls?
Yes, these sausage cheese balls can definitely be frozen. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer them into a freezer bag. They will stay fresh in your freezer for up to 6 months – if your family doesn’t sneak them up before then!
How Long To Cook Sausage Balls
- If you are baking the sausage balls when they are freshly made, they will take about 20 minutes in a 350˚F oven.
- When baking from frozen, add an additional 8-10 minutes to the cook time (30 minutes total).
- If you are unsure, use a meat thermometer and bake until the internal temperature reads 165˚F
You can use any sauce you love from Spicy Dill Dip to as a dip for sausage balls. If you are in a time crunch, you can simply use store bought ranch dip or if you have the time you can try my Homemade Ranch Dip. My absolute favorite dip for these Sausage Balls is found on the recipe card below. The grainy dijon mustard provides just the right amount of zing to compliment these tasty little appetizer balls!
Easy Sausage Balls are perfect for every game day party or even as a holiday appetizer! Tender and moist inside with a crispy and cheesy crust, these Sausage Balls will make you the “all star” of the party!
More Make Ahead Appetizer Recipes
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Easy!
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball
- Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard or regular dijon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all dip ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 350˚F
Combine biscuit mix, cheese and ground sausage in a bowl. Mix thoroughly until mixture is moist and holds together.
Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, form into balls.
Place onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)