Bacon pancakes combine two breakfast favorites in a perfect bite to start the day!
Fluffy homemade pancakes combined with crisp smoky bacon (topped with maple syrup of course) is pretty much the best breakfast combo. Sweet, salty, and delicious.
Our Fave Bacon Pancakes
- We love this shortcut recipe because biscuit mix makes it quick.
- No bisquick? Add bacon to our favorite from scratch pancake recipe.
- These sweet-salty pancakes are great made ahead of time. Reheat in the microwave or even toast pancakes in the toaster.
- Cook bacon pancakes in thick strips and they become fun dippers for maple syrup!
Ingredients for Bacon Pancakes
BATTER: Bisquick makes baking a cinch and the only addition here is extra eggs, milk, and baking powder for super fluffy pancakes.
If you have a fave homemade pancake batter (or pancake mix) you can use that too.
MIX-INS: Bacon is added to this recipe, but finely crumbled sausage can be used (look for ground breakfast sage seasoned sausage for a savory pancake).
PRO TIP: No time to fry bacon? Use pre-made bacon bits.
How to Make Bacon Pancakes
Why not have an all-in-one breakfast by mixing in some delicious crumbly bacon?
- Cook, cool, & chop bacon.
- Prepare pancake batter & fold in the chopped bacon.
- Pour batter into preheated pan & flip when the tops start to bubble.
Toppings for Pancakes
Sweet or savory, pancakes taste best with toppings! Besides butter and maple syrup, try whipped cream, softened cream cheese with a dose of fresh berries, chocolate or caramel sauce. Top with a fried or basted egg for a savory bite. The possibilities are endless!
Keep leftover bacon pancakes in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 4 days and reheat them on the stovetop in a sauté pan or even in the air fryer. Firm pancakes can even be popped in the toaster like bread, and then spread with butter or other favorite toppings. Place cooled portions of bacon pancakes between sheets of parchment paper and freeze them in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside. They’ll keep fresh for up to 6 weeks. Thaw them in the refrigerator and reheat as desired.
Our Fave Fluffy Pancakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes – the best fall breakfast
- Birthday Cake Pancakes – kids love these!
- Blueberry Pancakes – loaded with fresh berries
- Easy Banana Pancakes – great for a crowd
- Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes – made from scratch
- Yogurt Pancakes – so filling & flavorful!
Did your family love these Bacon Pancakes? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups Bisquick mix spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 slices cooked bacon finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Bisquick and baking powder, but just until mixed, some lumps are okay.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs together then add in the milk and maple syrup.
- Add the egg mixture to the Bisquick and mix with a rubber spatula just until combined, then let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to 275°F.
- Fold in chopped bacon and pour ¼ cup portions of batter onto griddle, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until bubbles form on the top of the pancake, then flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Regular milk can be used in place of evaporated.
Sugar may be used in place of maple syrup in the batter.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)