The best ever homemade blueberry pancakes are super easy to make from scratch (and you likely have everything you need on hand)!
This easy recipe makes super fluffy flapjacks filled with fresh juicy blueberries and a hint of maple. The perfect weekend breakfast!
Why We Love These Blueberry Pancakes
Pancakes are the perfect cozy recipe for the family to enjoy around the breakfast table.
They are so incredibly easy to make with everyday ingredients.
This blueberry pancake recipe comes out incredibly light and fluffy with a delicious homemade taste.
They are perfect to make ahead of time and can be refrigerated or frozen for a quick and easy breakfast any day of the week
Ingredients & Variations
PANCAKE BATTER This batter is the perfect base for pancakes! You can mix your dry ingredients ahead of time or even make your own homemade pancake mix as a base.
Mix in your favorite extracts (a touch of almond extract is great in this recipe) or even some lemon zest for a change in flavor.
For easy substitutions, you can also replace the maple syrup with honey or agave. Out of butter? You can use canola oil or vegetable oil in place.
BLUEBERRIES Frozen blueberries will work perfectly, but in the summertime, there’s nothing like fresh blueberries that are sweet, plump, and juicy! We love all breakfast recipes with blueberries, like these blueberry crepes!
While they won’t be blueberry pancakes without blueberries this recipe is the perfect base for any berries! Mix in some blackberries, raspberries, or even strawberries!
How to Make Blueberry Pancakes
For a happy and hearty breakfast, just follow these three quick steps!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
- Add wet to dry and stir until just moistened (per recipe below).
- Pour batter on a hot griddle, sprinkle with blueberries, and cook about two minutes each side.
Tips for Success
- The best tip for fluffy delicious pancakes is to not over mix your batter! Overmixing will cause your pancakes to be chewy and dense instead of fluffy and airy.
- Drop the blueberries onto the wet batter in the pan instead of stirring it in.
- Cook just until the bubbles forming on the pancakes start to pop and then flip.
- To avoid blue pancakes (from the leftover blueberry juice on the griddle), wet a paper towel and using tongs, wipe the griddle before cooking the next batch.
Refrigerate: If there are leftover blueberry pancakes, keep them in an airtight container.
Freeze: Stack them with parchment paper between them and place them in a zippered bag with the date on it. Lay the bag flat in the freezer and when they are frozen, the bag can be placed upright to save freezer space. Pull out one or more to thaw and reheat!
Reheat: Pull out one or more to thaw and reheat! Simply pop them in the microwave!
Yummy Pancake Recipes
- Easy Banana Pancakes
- Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bisquick Pancakes
- Birthday Cake Pancakes
- Homemade Pancake Mix
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Yogurt Pancakes
Did you love these Blueberry Pancakes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups milk or as needed
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries or more to taste
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk, eggs, melted butter, and maple syrup in a second bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined, batter should look slightly lumpy.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to 350°F (medium heat). Lightly grease with oil.
- Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake and immediately sprinkle with blueberries. Cook until bubbles form and begin to pop, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side about 1-2 minutes.
- Using tongs, wipe the blueberry off of the pan/griddle before making the next batch.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!