Homemade Pancakes are pretty much the perfect weekend food. The only thing better than pancakes are homemade pancakes from a homemade pancake mix! All of the goodness of homemade pancakes… made faster!
If you’re anything like us, your weekend mornings are spent in pajamas with cups of coffee and mucho laziness… whipping up these pancakes is the perfect fit for those lazy mornings!
Homemade Pancakes are pretty much the perfect weekend food.
Simple and quick… and perfectly fluffy. Stacked tall with cold butter and real maple syrup (and crispy bacon). It’s almost the only reason to get out of bed on a Saturday!
How to Make Pancake Mix for Homemade Pancakes
Homemade Pancakes don’t take many ingredients. You’ll simply take some dry ingredients and combine them with butter, eggs and milk… voila, pancakes.
Making a homemade pancake mix just means keeping the right ratios of dry ingredients ready to go. You’ll simply scoop some mix, add some wet ingredients and you’re on your way to fluffy pancake perfection in minutes.
Buying and preparing all of your own foods is the single easiest way to ensure that you know exactly what your family is eating. It is also a great way to save money on groceries! Most pre-made baking mixes are typically simply mixtures of very simple, common dry baking ingredients. You can make your own cake, bread and other mixes and get delicious and cheap baked goods but, today, let’s discuss pancake mixes. This homemade pancake mix is easy to whip up and is a great way to save on the budget.
What Makes Pancakes Fluffy?
To make sure your homemade pancakes are perfectly fluffy here are a few of my fave tips:
- Use fresh ingredients – Believe it or not, old ingredients can make your pancakes fall flat (especially baking powder).
- Do not overmix – A few lumps are not only ok, they’re required!
- Grease your pan with oil – You’ll want a well-greased pan and butter can burn.
- Flip when bubbles pop – as soon as the bubbles pop, you ‘ll want to flip your pancakes.
Get ready to make healthier, more budget-friendly pancakes that your kids and the whole family will love! The best part is that once you have this homemade pancake mix in the cupboard, these are on the table in just a few minutes! Breakfast for dinner anyone?
Ta da! Totally homemade, delicious and healthy pancakes! You will save money and feel really good about what you are feeding your family. The more you control what goes into your foods, the healthier and happier you (and your wallet) will be.
Items you’ll for this recipe
* Flour * Baking Powder * Storage Canister *
Homemade Pancake Mix
Dry Pancake Mix
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
To Make Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix above
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or oil
Dry Pancake Mix
- Combine all ingredients. (You can easily double or triple this part)
- Store tightly sealed in a cool dry place.
To Make Pancakes
- Preheat & lightly grease a griddle or pan over medium to high heat.
- Combine 1 cup of pancake mix with egg, milk & butter or oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter and cook until bubbles on the surface of the pancakes have popped (about 3-4 minutes). Flip and cook until the underside is light golden (another 1 – 2 minutes).
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love