Make any weekend morning special with delicious Banana Pancakes.
These banana pancakes are extra light and fluffy with lots of banana flavor. Using just a few ingredients you probably have in the pantry, they’ll be a breakfast go to.
Topped with a pat of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup, they are the perfect breakfast or brunch for a hungry family or crowd.
Extra Fluffy Banana Pancakes!
- Breakfast is on the table in minutes, they’re quick to prep and quick to cook!
- It’s a great way to enjoy those overripe bananas!
- Mashed bananas make these more tender than regular pancakes and has great flavor.
- They freeze like a dream and reheat well from refrigerated or frozen.
Ingredients for Banana Pancakes
Batter – This batter starts with the ingredients found in our favorite buttermilk pancakes recipe. All purpose flour, baking powder and soda, a bit of butter, and some eggs.
Buttermilk makes banana pancakes light and fluffy and adds a touch of tartness. Don’t have any on hand? Make an easy buttermilk substitute with milk and vinegar or lemon juice.
Bananas – Just like banana bread, these are best with very ripe bananas. You could also mix in a few diced peaches or fresh blueberries. Be sure not to overload the batter with fruit, or the pancakes will break apart as they are flipped and handled.
Mix-Ins and Toppings
Here’s where the creative fun happens! This banana pancake recipe tastes great with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- Serve with extra banana slices or fresh fruit like berries.
- Top with a bit of peanut butter or almond butter.
- Keep them fruity with delicious strawberry freezer jam, strawberry sauce, or homemade blueberry sauce.
How to Make Banana Pancakes
Easy banana pancakes are ready to serve in minutes!
- Mash bananas and add to the wet ingredients (per the recipe below).
- Combine the dry ingredients and make a well in the center. Add the banana mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Drop batter into an oiled pan. Flip with a spatula when bubbles start to pop at the edges.
Make Ahead & Leftovers
If you have extras the remaining batter can be refrigerated for a few days or even frozen. Thaw overnight and cook as directed.
Banana pancakes freeze well. Allow them to cool, and place waxed or parchment paper between each one before loading into zip bags. They’ll retain their quality in the freezer for up to 3 months, and in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat pancakes in the microwave or in the toaster.
Did you love these Banana Pancakes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk or as needed, see notes for substitute
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- Preheat a pan to medium heat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well (this is in place of sifting and creates a fluffy pancake).
- Combine egg, brown sugar, milk, melted butter and mashed banana in a separate bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry stirring just until combined. Batter should be lumpy. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Oil pan and pour batter ¼ cup per pancake into pan.
- Cook until bubbles form and begin to pop. Flip pancakes and cook 1 minute more.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.