Light, crispy and easy to make, Asian chicken salad is the perfect recipe for a last-minute entrée!
This salad is made with shredded chicken and crunchy cabbage, then topped with a flavorful dressing that brings out the best of the ingredients! It’s perfect for a workday lunch or a potluck offering for a crowd!
Why We Love this Recipe
This salad is fresh and loaded with flavor. It is quick and simple to prepare, and is so versatile!
Asian chicken salad is a great way to use up leftover chicken! The chicken in this dish can be served cold as a chilled salad for warm summer months or add chicken hot off the grill!
Using cabbage instead of lettuce in this salad means it keeps well, so go ahead and make it ahead of time. Keep the dressing separate and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Ingredients & Variations
CABBAGE Cabbage provides the perfect base for this salad and it lasts well, meaning leftovers are great for days. In a pinch, you can easily use romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, or iceberg lettuce.
VEGGIES Veggies add the perfect crunch to this recipe! With carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers this recipe is full of color!
Broccoli, radishes, celery, edamame or snap peas would also make great additions to this recipe. You could even add chopped red onions for a flavor boost!
TOPPINGS For a little extra crunch we top this salad with crispy wonton strips or chow mein noodles and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and toasted almonds for flavor. This salad is also delicious topped with mandarin orange slices, diced pineapple, or toasted coconut!
How to Make an Asian Chicken Salad
Just two simple steps to Asian salad perfection!
- Shred rotisserie chicken or grill chicken breasts or thighs.
- Chop and shred fresh veggies.
- Add dressing and toss. Top with toppings.
For a spicier dressing, add 1/2 teaspoon of Sriracha or red chili oil!
Asian chicken slaw is great as a leftover! Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and when ready to use, drain off the extra liquid in a colander.
Refresh the flavors with a dash of salt and pepper and a squirt of lime juice. Serve in place of a lettuce leaf on a hamburger, or scoop it into a wrap! Try putting in on a toasted ciabatta roll for a new twist!
Fresh Asian-Inspired Meals
- Asian Chopped Salad – crispy healthy meal
- Asian Noodle Salad – zesty, sensational salad
- Easy Asian Slaw – quick & easy to prepare
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps – 30 min meal!
- Ramen Noodle Salad – twist on a classic coleslaw
- Sesame Ginger Noodle Salad – so bright & colorful
Did you love this Asian Chicken Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Asian Chicken Salad
- ¾ cup sesame ginger dressing or to taste, or homemade peanut dressing below
- 4 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage or coleslaw mix, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ english cucumber sliced
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 3 cups chicken cooked shredded
- 3 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 cup crispy wonton strips or chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Sprinkle with toppings and serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Chicken Salads
- Classic Chicken Salad – over lettuce on bread
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Pineapple Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Creamy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chicken Club Ranch Pasta Salad