Asian Noodle Salad is a quick and tasty salad with freshness, crunch, and a taste you’ll love!
Packed with healthy raw veggies, Asian noodle salad (like ramen noodle salad) crisp fresh veggies, and juicy mandarin oranges are all tossed in a delicious dressing
With an easy prep, this will become a favorite lunch or fresh summer dinner.
A Fresh Lunch or Dinner
- Lots of veggies and a simple dressing make this an easy meal any time of day.
- Prep ahead and enjoy for dinner or lunches throughout the week.
- Add grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp if you’d like!
- Swap up the veggies with whatever is in your fridge!
Ingredients in Asian Noodle Salad
This Asian noodle salad recipe is a go-to recipe anytime you have leftover pasta or even grilled chicken breasts on hand from last night’s dinner. Other ingredients come from the fresh produce aisle:
- Noodles – spaghetti or even rice noodles or soba noodles, anything goes!
- Dressing – To keep it quick, use a bottled bottled dressing and spruce it up with some soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger, peanut butter and/or extra sriracha! If time allows, make a homemade peanut dressing or sesame dressing.
- Vegetables – Broccoli florets, carrots, sugar snap peas, and bean sprouts. Add in your own favorites from shredded cabbage to edamame,
- Flavor Boosters – The garnishes do more than look pretty! Add green onion, chopped cilantro, toasted slivered almonds, and mandarin oranges.
- Optional Add-Ins – shredded chicken, grilled shrimp, or salted peanuts.
How to Make Asian Noodle Salad
- Boil Noodles: Boil the pasta or noodles in a large pot just until al dente per the recipe below. Drain well.
- Chop Veggies: While the pasta is cooking, chop the veggies.
- Mix: Combine the vegetables, noodles and dressing in a large bowl. Garnish and enjoy.
Asian noodle salad can be made well in advance and enjoyed for lunches throughout the week. Toss with sesame ginger dressing before storing it to allow all of the flavors to blend. Dress generously since the noodles will soak up extra juices.
If adding cooked chicken, you can store leftovers in the fridge for about three days in a tightly covered container. Without chicken, it’s good for about 5 days. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice when serving.
What to Serve it With?
If adding grilled chicken, this is a perfectly balanced one-pot meal. Starch, veg, and meat all in one bowl means no need to fuss with side dishes! It’s a great side for Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Thighs too!
Dress up the meal by serving it Asian restaurant-style, with crunchy fried noodles and bowls of hot and sweet dipping sauces. An icy cold pitcher of strawberry lemonade will complete the meal.
More Great Pasta Salad Recipes
Asian Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut small
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced diagonally
- ½ cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup sesame ginger dressing store bought or homemade
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons almonds slivered & toasted
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments drained
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Place pasta, red bell pepper, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, and bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Add dressing, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Toss well.
- Mix in cilantro, slivered almonds, and green onions (reserve a little bit of each for garnish).
- Garnish with orange slices, sesame seeds, and remaining cilantro and green onions and toasted almonds.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Love to follow you
Thank you Nancy!
When do you add the sesame oil in the Asian Noodle Salad?
Hi Ann, the sesame oil should be added in step 2 with the dressing.