Asian Noodle Salad is a quick and tasty salad with freshness, crunch, and a taste you’ll love! This fun twist on a traditional spaghetti salad has noodles, crisp fresh veggies and juicy mandarin oranges are all tossed in a sesame ginger dressing to make every zesty bite sensational.
Packed with healthy raw veggies, Asian noodle salad, (like ramen noodle salad) is easy to prep and makes a terrific lunch or fresh casual summer dinner. Serve with a glass of cucumber water for a refreshing meal!
What’s in Asian Noodle Salad?
Asian noodle salad is a practical go-to recipe anytime you have leftover pasta or grilled chicken breasts on hand from last night’s dinner or barbecue. Other ingredients come from the fresh produce aisle:
- Base: spaghetti or pasta noodles, sesame ginger dressing
- Crunch: broccoli florets, carrots, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts
- Flavor: green onion, chopped cilantro
- Garnish: toasted slivered almonds, mandarin oranges
- Optional Add-Ins: chicken, salted peanuts
How Long Does Noodle Salad Last?
Asian noodle salad can be made a well in advance and enjoyed for lunches throughout the week. Toss with sesame ginger dressing before storing it to allow all of the flavors to blend.
If you adding in freshly cooked chicken breasts, you can store leftovers in the fridge for about three days in a tightly covered container. However, this dish contains so many raw vegetables, it is not a good candidate for the freezer.
What to Serve it With?
If adding grilled chicken, this is a perfectly balanced one-pot meal. Starch, veg, and meat all in one bowl means no need to fuss with side dishes! It’s a great side for Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Thighs too!
More Delicious Salads
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – refreshing summertime staple!
- Avocado Salmon Salad – made with a light lemony dressing
- Arugula Salad with Berries – light, refreshing & easy!
- Creamy Broccoli Slaw – crunchy, crispy summer salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad– tangy & nourishing side dish
Asian Noodle Salad
- 8 oz linguine or spaghetti cooked and cooled
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets cut small
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons almonds slivered & toasted
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments drained
- 1 cup sesame ginger dressing store bought or homemade
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
Place pasta, red bell pepper, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, and bean sprouts in a bowl.
Add dressing, sesame oil and soy sauce. Toss well.
Mix in cilantro, slivered almonds, and green onions (reserve a little bit of each for garnish).
Garnish with orange slices, sesame seeds, and remaining cilantro and green onions and toasted almonds.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)