Ramen Noodle Salad is a potluck favorite! This easy salad is a delicious version of a traditional Coleslaw Recipe with crisp cabbage, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and ramen noodles are tossed together in a simple sweet Asian vinaigrette! Top with sunflower seeds or toasted almonds for a delicious nutty crunch!
To Make Ramen Noodle Salad
Ramen Noodle Salad has been a potluck staple for as long as I can remember! It’s an easy (and inexpensive) coleslaw to put together and absolutely everyone loves it!
While it may surprise you, the ramen is added to this salad uncooked. Once it is dressed it does sit in the fridge for a bit and the noodles soften up creating the perfect texture. You can use any flavor of noodles you like (chicken or beef are my favorites) but make sure you don’t throw away those seasoning packets, they are added to the dressing.
Loaded With Fresh Veggies
We eat a ton of cabbage in our household (since a couple of our go to dishes are Cabbage Roll Soup or Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole). Of course, this Ramen Noodle Salad is another reason to have a fridge full of cabbage!
I love the crunch fresh cabbage gives this recipe and I most often use a mandolin slicer to chop it quickly. Using a mandolin, shreds the cabbage thinly, slices the red peppers and even juliennes the carrots!
Variations for Ramen Noodle Salad
- Change green cabbage for your favorite Chinese cabbage or even bok choy.
- Skip the shredding and use a couple of packages of coleslaw mix or even make ramen salad with broccoli slaw.
- Make sure you have about 10 cups of shredded mixture.
- If using the packaged slaw mix, I usually add in some extra carrots.
- While I use bell peppers and bean sprouts, you can add in other veggies too such as canned baby corn, broccoli florets, mushrooms or even water chestnuts for some crunch.
- Sesame oil packs big flavor (and we add it to stir fries, Asian noodles or dips)!
This Ramen Cabbage Salad is the perfect make ahead dish and will be the first thing gone from your potluck table!
More Potluck Favorites
- The Best Bacon Pea Salad – Fast to make!
- Old Fashioned Bean Salad – Just like grandma’s!
- Broccoli Salad – A classic potluck favorite.
- The Best Potato Salad Recipe – Favorite summer side dish!
- Favorite Spaghetti Salad – Easy and full of fresh veggies.
Ramen Noodle Salad
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cups julienned carrots
- 3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2 packages ramen noodles seasonings reserved for dressing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- seasoning from ramen packages
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, add green & purple cabbage, carrots, bean sprouts, red pepper & green onions. Break up the ramen noodles and add them (uncooked) to the cabbage mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over ramen mixture and toss to combine. Top with sesame seeds and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love