This Asian Slaw recipe is savory, sweet, and so quick and easy! Crisp and crunchy veggies in a flavorful sesame dressing.
You need just handful of ingredients and less than 15 minutes prep to make this side dish!
How to Cut Cabbage for Slaw
Just like a classic coleslaw recipe, cabbage should be cut nice and thin. It’s easy to do.
- Slice a head cabbage in half and then cut each half so you have quarters.
- Use a knife to remove the core in a triangle fashion.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice in quarter-inch (or thinner) pieces going from right to left on a cutting board. If you are left-handed (like me :) ), move in the opposite direction.
You can use a food processor or a mandolin, but slicing with a sharp knife is quick and clean up is easier.
Want to save a little time? Buy pre-made coleslaw mix or a broccoli slaw as the base.
How to Make Asian Slaw
This Asian cabbage salad is an easy recipe. You can easily adapt it to veggies you have on hand. I like to try to combine various colors and textures for a great salad.
Wash and cut any veggies you add into thin strips. Simply toss with the dressing below or a homemade or store bought sesame ginger dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions or even fried wonton strips.
More Slaws & Salads
- Classic Coleslaw Recipe – ready in 15 mins!
- Asian Chopped Salad – great as a side or a meal
- Dill Pickle Coleslaw – tangy twist on a classic recipe!
- Creamy Apple Slaw Recipe – crisp & refreshing salad
- Creamy Broccoli Slaw – crispy, crunchy salad!
- Ramen Noodle Salad – Classic potluck favorite
Easy Asian Slaw
- 3 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 2 cups red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
Sesame Dressing *
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate bowl (or shake in a jar with a lid).
- Toss slaw with dressing. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and additional green onions if desired.