Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe only needs about 15 minutes to cook, making it a delicious, family friendly meal that saves both time and money! We love making homemade tomato soup on busy weeknights. Just create the tomato soup, add the tortellini, and top it with cheese and basil. It’s that easy!
Our weeknights are usually pretty busy so I’m always looking for meals that quick and easy. A comforting bowl of tortellini soup with a fresh salad is the perfect meal!
I have partnered with Progresso™ to bring you this easy belly warming recipe.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
Tomato soup is my daughter’s absolute favorite meal and I mean, what’s not to love? It’s delicious and the perfect lunch or dinner… and ready in just minutes! We love adding things like fresh croutons, a dash of cream, bacon, or of course, tortellini! It’s great served with grilled cheese roll ups or a fresh caesar salad.
Tortellini soup is super versatile add in your favorite proteins, to create a sausage tortellini soup or chicken tortellini soup! Stir in a handful of spinach before serving. Feel free to add whatever you have on hand – from peppers to macaroni noodles, mushrooms, or onions!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Greek Tortellini Salad – potluck favorite!
- Pizza Baked Tortellini – kid approved
- Crispy Buffalo Fried Tortellini – a delicious appetizer!
- Caesar Chicken Pasta – my favorite
- Cobb Pasta Salad – perfect for potlucks
How To Make Tomato Tortellini Soup
To make this easy tortellini soup recipe:
- Combine all of the tomato soup ingredients in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini.
- Blend the soup mixture using a hand blender.
- Stir in the cream, and simmer for another 5 minutes adding tortellini in the last minute.
How To Store This Soup
The tortellini in this soup can get soggy if you have leftovers so we leave it on the side and always combine just before serving.
If you’d like to freeze this soup, add the cream once heated and defrosted (and freeze the tortellini separately). Serve this easy recipe with 30 Minute Dinner Rolls or crusty bread for dipping and a big fresh Easy Italian Salad.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 2 cups fresh tortellini (meat or cheese filled)
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach (uncooked) optional
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned with juice
- 2 cups Progresso™ Chicken Broth
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cans Progresso™ Vegetable Classics Tomato Basil Soup
- Combine all soup ingredients in a saucepan except cream. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Add chopped spinach to the boiling water 30 seconds before the tortellini is finished. Drain well.
- Blend soup mixture with a hand blender. Add in heavy cream and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and spinach if using.
- Place in serving bowls and top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese if desired.