Tomato soup is my daughter’s absolute favorite meal and I mean, what’s not to love! It’s delicious and the perfect lunch or dinner… and it’s great served with grilled cheese roll ups or a nice tossed salad!
A Quick and Easy Dinner
Our weeknights are usually pretty busy so I’m always looking for meals that don’t take very long. I served this satisfying 15 minute soup before soccer practice and it was delicious! Fresh tortellini and spinach in Progresso™ ready-to-eat Tomato Basil soup is topped with mozzarella cheese and broiled for a few minutes.
That’s the great thing about tomato soup, it’s the perfect base for a quick easy weeknight meal! You can load it up with veggies, shredded chicken, macaroni noodles… the possibilities are totally endless so get creative! You can submit your own creation in the Fresh & Easy Recipe Contest for your chance to win $5,000!
My daughter has already requested this soup again… and I can assure you it’s going to be a regular in our weeknight rotation!
15 Minute Tomato Tortellini Soup
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh tortellini (meat or cheese filled)
- 1 can Progresso™ Vegetable Classics Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach (uncooked)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Add chopped spinach to the boiling water 30 seconds before the tortellini is finished. Drain well.
- Divide the tortellini & spinach between two bowls. Pour hot Progresso™ Tomato Basil Soup over the tortellini.
- Gently top soup with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Progresso. The opinions and text are all mine.