Buffalo Fried Tortellini are the perfect bite! Cheese tortellini with a crispy coating tossed with a delicious buffalo sauce!
Buffalo Fried Tortellini are the perfect little bite! If you’ve ever ordered toasted ravioli in a restaurant, you’ll love this spiced up Buffalo version and I think you’ll be surprised to see how easy they are to make!
Cheese tortellini is double dipped in a light and crispy crumb coating and tossed in a quick easy Buffalo sauce for a snack that nobody will be able to resist.
I use Panko breadcrumbs, which are a lighter and crispier Japanese style breadcrumb. You can usually find them in the grocery store with the other breadcrumbs or sometimes with the Asian foods or purchase them online. They’re perfect for breading all kinds of food (like oven baked zucchini fries or crispy oven chicken) or for topping casseroles. To get the best crispy coating, these are double breaded by dipping into egg and the breadcrumbs and repeating.
I do heat the sauce before adding it to the tortellini; this helps keep them hotter longer. These can be made using any kind of cheese filled pasta including tortellini or ravioli. If your store has the larger tortellini they’re great in this recipe!
Ranch or blue cheese dressings make perfect dips for these little bites.
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Crispy Buffalo Fried Tortellini
- 1 package cheese tortellini , uncooked (approx. 9 oz)
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter , melted
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
- Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese for garnish (Optional)
- Preheat deep fryer or oil to 350°F.
- Mix all breading ingredients in a large Ziploc bag.
- Whisk together the egg dip ingredients and place a separate Ziploc bag.
- Toss tortellini in small batches with the egg mixture. Remove the tortellini letting any excess egg drip off. Reserve the egg mixture.
- Add the tortellini in small batches to the breading mixture and shake gently to coat. Continue until all tortellini is coated with breading.
- Once coated, repeat the breading process using the reserved egg mixture and tossing the tortellini a second time with the breadcrumbs.
- Fry tortellini in preheated oil in small batches about 2-3 minutes or until crisp and browned.
- Head melted butter and hot sauce. Mix until well combined. Toss with hot tortellini and serve with ranch or blue cheese dip..