Strawberry muffins are the perfect way to enjoy fresh summer berries.
Sweet tender muffins are packed with fresh strawberries dotted in every bite and just a hint of cinnamon.
Bake these bites to enjoy for snacks or breakfast or bake and freeze for lunchboxes!
Sweet Strawberry Muffins!
- The basic strawberry muffin recipe is so quick and easy, you can make a batch or two first thing in the morning and have fresh muffins to start the day!
- Stick with summer strawberries or switch it up using seasonal fruits throughout the year!
- Make mini muffins as an afterschool snack. Better yet, pop one or two into a lunchbox or briefcase for a sweet surprise. Bake in batches and enjoy all week!
- Strawberry muffins are so versatile! Serve them as a tasty breakfast with honey butter, or as a dessert like a strawberry shortcake with a dollop of whipped cream!
Ingredients & Variations
Batter – The best muffins start with the best ingredients! Choose large eggs, whole-fat dairy, and real butter! Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream or swap out the cinnamon for cinnamon sugar, or a multi-purpose apple spice blend.
Strawberries – Frozen strawberries can be used once they are thawed, but fresh berries are always best. A combination of strawberries and rhubarb can be used in this recipe or try raspberries or blackberries.
Toppings – Not required, but these toppings make strawberry muffins a little more ‘extra’! Sprinkle on some oatmeal with chocolate chips before baking or serve with whipped strawberry butter.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl & wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Gently toss strawberries in the flour mixture & make a well in the center.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients & mix until just moistened.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin & bake (per the recipe below).
- Remove & cool on a wire rack.
Best Way to Store Muffins
Keep strawberry muffins in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze cooled muffins by either wrapping each one separately in plastic wrap (for grab-and-go goodness!) or in a large zippered bag for up to 8 weeks.
More Muffins to Make!
Did your family love these Strawberry Muffins? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted, or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease twelve muffin wells or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, egg, sour cream, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the flour mixture and toss to combine. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Divide the muffin batter over 12 wells.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan. Remove and cool on a baking rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!