Soy Ginger Steak Bites are marinated with ginger, garlic, and sesame flavors! The bites are seared in a hot pan until golden on the outside and tender juicy in the middle.
These can be served as an appetizer or as a meal. If you’re looking for a new recipe to impress guests, this is it!
Savory Steak Bites
We love this recipe because the flavor is amazing.
The steak is seared in a hot pan which takes just minutes, so quick and easy!
This marinade is great for all steaks, perfect on the grill (or in a pan per the recipe below) and even makes a yummy marinade for beef skewers.
Ingredients for steak bites are super easy to find, you may already have them on hand in the kitchen!
What Steak to Use
Choose a nicely marbled steak, anything you love on the grill will be great in this recipe. Sirloin or ribeye steaks are our favorites because they’re tender.
This marinade adds flavor as well as keeping the beef extra tender (and helping with caramelization).
- Soy adds salt and depth.
- Garlic & ginger add flavor.
- Brown sugar adds sweetness and helps with caramelization.
- Lemon juice adds freshness and tenderizes.
- Chili flakes add a bit of heat (sub out sriracha if you’d prefer).
How to Make Steak Bites
This recipe is so easy to prepare, but when it comes to flavor it really delivers!
- Mix together marinade ingredients and toss with pieces of steak. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Cook steak bites in oil according to recipe below.
- Toss in butter and serve.
Tips for Tender Steak Bites
- Choose good steaks.
- Marinate for flavor but no longer than 2 hours. Over marinating a tender steak can make it turn mushy.
- Preheat the pan and ensure it is hot before cooking.
- Don’t stir too much, let a crust form before stirring.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan or the bites will not crisp. Cook in batches.
- Do not overcook. Steak can (and should) be pink in the middle.
More Savory Steak
- Air Fryer Steak – from fresh or frozen
- Grilled Steak Fajitas – with a chili-lime marinade
- Easy Steak Tacos – quick & easy
- Grilled Steak Sandwich – served on garlic toast
- Philly Cheesesteaks – perfect for game day
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites – ready in 20 minutes
- Steaks in the Oven – juicy & tender
- Rosemary Steak and Potatoes – made on the stovetop
Did you make these Soy Ginger Steak Bites? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Soy Ginger Steak Bites
- 1 ½ pounds steak sirloin, strip loin, or ribeye
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Combine marinade ingredients. Cut steak into bite sized pieces and add to marinade.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Remove from marinade allowing excess to drip off. (Discard remaining marinade).
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add steak in a single layer and cook 2-3 minutes without stirring to get a crust on one side. Stir and cook 1 minute more. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat, toss with butter. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Serve immediately
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.