This Slow Cooker Enchiladas Recipe is one of my favorite meals ever! There is just something so comforting about the saucy cheesy deliciousness of this dish!
This recipe calls for cooked chicken, you can cook your own or use rotisserie chicken to make it extra quick! One whole rotisserie chicken should give you about 3 cups of chicken, perfect for this recipe!
If you have a little extra time, making homemade enchilada sauce is not only easy, it’s so much tastier than store bought! Once you have your chicken & sauce ready, these take just a few minutes to roll up and pop into the slow cooker.
Depending on the size of your slow cooker, you may get 2 or 3 layers of enchiladas. My slow cooker is 6 quarts and I was able to put 6 enchiladas per layer with 2 layers.
Once I cook these up I love to have a plate of toppings out for everyone to dress up their own enchiladas with their favorite toppings! Of course I add fresh jalapeños to mine because I’m a total spice freak but we also love tomatoes, olives, sour cream, avocado and cilantro!
Things you’ll need for this recipe
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 6- inch flour tortillas
- 2 cans 10 oz enchilada sauce or 3 cups homemade sauce
- 1 4oz can mild green chiles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or your favorite blend
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with no stick spray.
- Combine shredded chicken, salsa and about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining enchilada sauce and chiles, set aside.
- Divide the chicken mixture over the tortillas (approx. 1/4 cup each). Roll each tortilla and place seam side down in your slow cooker (I was able to fit 6 per layer) topping each layer with enchilada sauce.
- Top with cheese. Cook on low 3-4 hours
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love