Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili is the perfect fall meal. This recipe is easy to prepare. Just simply add in some of your fall favorite vegetables and let your slow cooker do the work. The results will warm you from the inside out!
Butternut Squash Greatness
My favorite winter vegetable is butternut squash. It’s got a great texture, a sweet taste, and is pretty versatile. You can eat it roasted in salads (with amazing warm apple cider vinaigrette), pasta, of course butternut squash soup… Yeah, it’s pretty awesome. Lately, I’ve been enjoying it in this veggie packed sweet and flavorful Butternut Squash Chili.
This warming chili is loaded with all kinds of veggies and has lots of flavor!
A Healthy Chili Option
Traditional chili is a fall/winter must but sometimes you don’t want something so heavy. Or maybe you’re a vegetarian/vegan or cooking for one. This chili is perfect! It’s comforting and full of so many yummy flavors from all the various veggies. The butternut squash adds a sweet flavor that will make you come back for a second bowl.
Adding lots of veggies makes this chili healthy and delicious! If you’d like to add in extra protein, chicken breasts can be added in (just like I add in my Slow Cooker Chicken Chili) and shredded before serving or you can use ground turkey as well.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
I don’t know about you, but the cold weather just makes me want to sit on the couch and cuddle with my kiddos. In other words, I get lazy and don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
It’s great when a recipe tastes good but it’s a bonus when it’s basically effortless. For this Butternut Squash Chili, all you have to do is cut up the veggies and toss them all in the Crock-Pot. Let the slow cooker do all the work and after 4 hours you’ll be enjoying a healthy meal that will warm you up from the inside out. And with how many treats and candy we’ll all be eating this fall/winter we could all use a good nourishing meal. Ya know, just to balance things out.
More Fall Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love
- Dr. Pepper Crock Pot Pulled Pork – Only 5 minutes prep!
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Soup – Reader Favorite!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Slow Cooker Cajun Bean Turkey Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles – Easy comfort food!
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili
For the Chili
- 1 butternut squash approx. 2 pounds, peeled, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper each
For the Toppings
- sour cream
- Place all chili ingredients in the slow cooker, mix, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until butternut squash is tender.
- Remove 2 cups of the chili and mash, return to the pot and stir in.
- Serve with desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Add more soup recipes to your meal rotation this fall!