White turkey chili is an easy, yummy way to use up leftover roast turkey but it can also be made with ground turkey!
No turkey? No problem! Sub in sausage or chicken! This white bean turkey chili recipe is as simple as tossing your ingredients into the Crockpot and walking away.
Perfect for Leftovers
White Turkey Chili is the best way to use up leftovers! Got leftover turkey from the holidays? Toss it in! Leftover veggies from a stir fry? Go for it! Even beans from a salad in the fridge can be added to a white turkey chili. It really IS that versatile!
Turkey Chili Ingredients
I add cooked turkey to this chili but you can add chicken, sausage, or ground turkey. Whatever leftover meat you want to add in will taste great!
Bell peppers, corn, and zucchini are added to the slow cooker with turkey. Any veggies will taste great in this chili, so if you have extra mushrooms, celery or carrots, add them in!
A handful of pungent seasonings like garlic, fajita seasoning, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Yum! Jalapenos and chopped green chiles are added to this chili. If you prefer more spice, add more! Want a milder version? Add less!
How to Make White Turkey Chili
- Add onion, turkey, and remaining ingredients (per recipe below) into a 6qt slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- If desired, give the beans a squish with a potato masher to thicken the chili.
Tips & Tricks
Add cooked and mashed potatoes for an even thicker version.
Play with the seasonings a bit, why not use ranch seasoning instead of fajita, or fresh herbs like thyme and basil for a lighter, brighter taste?
To refrigerate, keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator and chili should last up to five days. To reheat, give it a stir on the stovetop and adjust the flavors with some salt, pepper, or even a few extra jalapenos!
To freeze white turkey chili, make sure it is chilled and then ladle it into zippered bags. Write the date on the bag and store it in the freezer and it will keep two months or more.
More Chili Recipes We Love
- Homemade Lentil Chili Recipe – with pantry staples
- Cincinnati Chili – served with pasta
- Texas Chili – perfect for a crowd
- Easy White Chicken Chili – quick prep
- The Best Chili Recipe – so easy to make
Did your family love this White Turkey Chili? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
White Turkey Chili
- 1 large onion diced, or two small
- 2 cups cooked turkey (leftover) or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 19 ounces great northern beans or white kidney beans
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2 cans chopped green chiles 4 oz each
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned
- 1 cup zucchini finely diced
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth reduced sodium
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- If using raw ground turkey, cook with onion until no pink remains. Drain any juices.If using leftover or cooked turkey, cook onion by itself in olive oil or butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, remaining chili ingredients and seasonings to a 6qt slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Once cooked mash the chili mixture a few times with a potato masher to thicken slightly.
- Top with cilantro and sour cream. Serve with your favorite toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)