Easy Crockpot Chili recipe is loaded with ground beef, seasonings & tons of flavor. It simmers all day in the slow cooker creating a great meal that everyone loves!
We serve it with crusty bread and Homemade Garlic Butter for dipping and scooping. Add in a side salad and you’ve got a complete meal that everyone will be raving about!
This is a great dish to make ahead and much like a hearty Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole, it always seems to taste even better the next day (and freezes beautifully).
Crockpot Chili Recipe
While I do make a classic chili recipe on the stove top, slow cooker meals are amazing for busy days! There is nothing like coming home to a ready meal on a cold evening but crock pot dishes are great in the warmer months too with no need to turn on the oven or stove and heat up the house!
I love any kind of chili whether it’s a Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, a fully loaded 15 Bean Slow Cooker Chili or a classic Chili like this one! It seems chili is always great the day you make it and delicious for days after. In fact is seems as though it’s even better with time and is relatively easy to make!
Aside from dinnertime, Crockpot Chili is of course the perfect game-day food! Set out bowls and all sorts of toppings or even hot dogs and let everyone create their own snacks and meals!
How to Make Crockpot Chili
This is a very simple beef chili recipe made in the Crockpot without a lot of extras; just loads of beef, onions, seasoning and flavor. Adding the seasoning into the beef before browning it really enhances the flavors (and I do the same with my favorite homemade pasta sauce recipe).
- Create seasoning mix as directed. Add seasonings to uncooked ground beef and mix well.
- Brown beef, onions & garlic.
- Combine ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Tips for Adding Vegetables
I do add vegetables to this recipe from time to time depending on what I have in the fridge. Diced bell peppers, zucchini and halved mushrooms are all great added to crockpot chili. If you do add veggies that have a higher water content your chili will naturally have a little bit more liquid so you might like to precook them or leave the lid off the slow cooker for the last while of cooking.
More Chili Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Chili Mac Skillet – family friendly!!
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chili (vegetarian)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Family Favorite!
- The Best Chili Recipe
If you don’t cook with alcohol or beer you can certainly skip that step however it does add a great layer of flavor to this recipe. If you’d like to kick it up a notch and add some heat, add a seeded diced jalapeno pepper to the slow cooker as it begins cooking.
When serving this chili to a crowd we put out a big side of Homemade Cornbread and a table of toppings for everyone to enjoy!
Our Favorite Toppings are:
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- green onions
- hot sauce
- crushed corn chips
- diced tomatoes
- hot sauce
Easy Crockpot Chili
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bottle light beer
- 28 oz whole tomatoes with juice
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine seasoning mixture with ground beef and mix until well combined.
- Brown ground beef, onions and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat. Add beer and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Combine beef mixture and all remaining ingredients in a slow cooker. If desired slightly mash the whole tomatoes. Cook on high for 4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
Serve this dish with…
More great chili recipes
- Chili Joes from Spend With Pennies
- White Chicken Chili from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Chili Mac Skillet from Spend With Pennies