Roasted Cherry Tomatoes are great for mixing into pasta sauces, topping sandwiches, or enjoying as a simple side dish!
A few spices, some balsamic vinegar, a generous serving of garlic, and olive oil are all that are needed!
Quick & Easy Side Dish
- This is the perfect way to enjoy all of those garden tomatoes!
- The tomatoes in this recipe are great for eating as a side dish or as a flavor enhancer for so many other dishes. Add them to some bruschetta, toss them into Sausage & Roasted Tomato Soup or serve them with whipped feta.
- Swap up the seasonings for your favorites, Italian seasoning works well in this recipe too.
Ingredients & Variations
TOMATOES: Cherry tomatoes are a small sweet tomato that can be roasted in the oven. They tend to be a little rounder than grape tomatoes but either works just fine in this recipe!
SEASONINGS: Dried basil, oregano, and some fresh minced garlic are tossed with the tomatoes.
If using fresh basil, it’s best sprinkled on top after these come out of the oven.
How to Roast Cherry Tomatoes
- Toss tomatoes with seasonings, garlic, vinegar, & oil.
- Add to a baking sheet. Slow roast in the oven per recipe below.
- Toss with fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
For a little char, broil them for a minute or two before removing from the oven.
Tomato Tip: You’ll know that the cherry tomatoes are cooked when the skins start to burst a little bit.
Serve these as a stand-alone side dish.
- Add them to Broiled Tomato Sandwiches.
- Serve them on the side of a steak dinner or anything grilled.
- Add them to marinara or use them to boost the flavor of a basic tomato sauce or pasta sauce.
- Spoon them over cooked pasta of any kind (scrape the juices into the bowl too!) for a cherry tomato pasta.
They can also be served as a topping for a simple chicken breast. Put a scoop of roasted tomatoes on a cooked chicken breast and sprinkle with some cheese.
These tomatoes will keep in the refrigerator for a few days.
They can also be frozen. Spread them out on a waxed or parchment-lined baking sheet & place them in the freezer. Once they’re frozen, they can be transferred to freezer bags. They can be defrosted in the refrigerator and tossed into pasta or soup!
More Tomato Favorites
Did you make these Roasted Cherry Tomatoes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, about 1 pound
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, oil, vinegar, and seasonings on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until softened. Broil 1-2 minutes to add a little bit of color if desired.
- Toss with fresh herbs if using and serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)