Pretzel Bites are yummy bite-sized snacks; buttery soft inside with the perfect pretzel crust!
Homemade Pretzel Bites are way better than store-bought. Skip the preservatives and make your own, fresh-from-the-oven! This perfectly buttery, chewy, a little-bit-salty appetizer can be served any day of the week!
The Perfect Snack
These are easy to make ahead, and you can freeze them until needed!
Serve warm from the oven with honey mustard dip for a potluck worthy snack!
DOUGH Flour, sugar, salt, and yeast are all mixed together with water to form the dough.
WATER The pretzel bites are submerged in boiling salt water before being baked!
These pretzel bites are brushed with egg yolk and sprinkled with kosher salt, but feel free to add any seasoning you like! Cajun seasoning, seasoned salt, or even everything bagel seasoning would all work!
How to Make Pretzel Bites
Making pretzel bits from scratch is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- DOUGH: Combine dough ingredients (per recipe below) and let rise.
- BOIL: Divide dough, shape into logs and cut into 2″ pieces. Boil.
- BAKE: Brush with butter and salt or season before baking until golden brown.
Serve warm and toasty with a side of your favorite dip for a great appetizer!
What to Serve Them With
Pretzel bites are super good on their own, but they are amazing dunked into these tasty dips!
- Honey mustard or stone-ground mustard
- Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese
- Nacho cheese sauce or beer cheese dip
- Marinara sauce or barbecue sauce
- Peanut butter or hummus
Tips for Perfect Pretzel Bites
Pretzel bites are as easy to store as they are to make!
Keep them in a brown paper bag or a loosely sealed container at room temperature. Zippered bags and airtight containers will create condensation and the pretzel bites will get soft and mushy. If this does happen, however, simply pop them under the broiler to crisp them up!
Of all the snacks that can easily be frozen and reheated, pretzel bites are the best!
To freeze, place in a zippered bag, label with the date, and freeze them for up to two months.
To thaw, leave them at room temperature and refresh by sprinkling on a little more salt (or seasoning). Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes to crisp back up!
Easy & Delicious Appetizers
- Homemade Bagel Chips – great dipper!
- Easy Crostini – ready in 15 mins!
- Oven Baked Soft Pretzels – soft & slightly chewy
- Everything Crescent Rolls – 4 ingredients
- Pigs in a Blanket – great finger food!
- Fried Wontons – air-fried or deep-fried!
Did you make these yummy Pretzel Bites? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 ½ cups warm water 110°-115°F.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 packet
- 3 ¾ to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 beaten egg yolk for brushing
- kosher salt
- 5 cups water
- ⅓ cup baking soda
- Combine water, sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add melted butter and stir in flour a bit at a time until well combined.
- Mix with a dough hook for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic or knead by hand for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel and let rise for 60 minutes or doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil in a large pot.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a 24" rope. Cut dough into 2" pieces.
- Drop dough pieces into boiling water for about 10 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and allow water to drip away.
- Place dough on prepared pans, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.