Creamy, sweet and full of flavor, honey mustard sauce is the perfect dipper for pretty much anything!
You’ll need just 4 ingredients to make this recipe; honey, mustard, mayonnaise and a dash of garlic powder.
The Perfect Dipping Sauce
This sauce is so good, I dip anything and everything in it! The best part is that it’s ready in about 2 minutes.
4 simple ingredients are all you need for this recipe
- garlic powder
You can easily adapt this recipe to what you have on hand! No honey? Add maple syrup in place. Fresh garlic, spicy mustard, a dash of hot sauce. Swap some of the mustard for dijon or spicy mustard to change it up.
If you’d like to make it zesty, stir in a splash of cider vinegar. The possibilities are endless.
How to Make Honey Mustard Sauce
With just 4 ingredients and 1 step, this recipe is simple to prepare! Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. For best results, refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serve this sauce with…
Whether using for dipping, dressing, or glazing there is no wrong way to serve it! Some favorites are:
- Use the honey mustard sauce as a dipping sauce for air fryer chicken wings or pretzel bites.
- You can also thin it out the sauce with a little cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice for a quick salad dressing!
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken is a summertime favorite
- This sauce goes well with roasted split chicken breasts or breaded chicken nuggets.
- It makes a great dip for ham!
Storing Mayonnaise Based Sauces
Like all dressings, marinades, and sauces, the honey mustard sauce can be kept in the fridge. Store sauce in a cruet, a jar, or another container with a tight-fitting lid.
This dip doesn’t have any ingredients that expire (like milk or sour cream) so if storing in the fridge it will stay fresh for about 2 weeks. This dip doesn’t freeze well.
More Homemade Dips
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- French Onion Dip
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Spicy Dill Dip
- 4 Ingredient Dill Pickle Dip
Loving this easy honey mustard sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.