Jalapeño Mac and Cheese Bites are a party favorite and so easy to make! These mac and cheese bites are deliciously cheesy with a little spice from jalapenos. We top them with a bacon bread crumb mixture and bake until golden.
This fun take on a traditional Jalapeno Popper Dip is a party favorite everyone will love!
I’m so excited to partner with Bob Evans to bring you this fun game day snack!
Mac and cheese is the perfect comfort food, paired with spicy jalapeños, crispy bacon, and served in bite-size portions it is hard to resist. It’s perfect for a party, a potluck and of course game day! Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese makes this snack a breeze to make and because it’s made with real cheddar cheese it’s packed with great flavor!
How to Make Mac and Cheese Bites
This recipe is fun and easy to put together, you’ll wonder why you didn’t discover it before!
- Mix together shredded cheese, flour and bread crumbs (per recipe below).
- Stir in the macaroni, cheese, and jalapeños (more or less – depends on how spicy you like it)! Add the eggs and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Combine bacon bits, melted butter, and the rest of the bread crumbs in a bowl and sprinkle over the mac and cheese bites.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown and serve warm!
These tasty, mini-cheesy treats are made with bacon bits for a more savory, crunchy flavor, or maybe add some chopped up ham or broccoli for extra color and flavor!
What to Serve with Mac and Cheese Bites?
Jalapeño mac and cheese bites can be a meal on their own and make for a great snack. Serve them with a side of celery and carrot sticks with some ranch dressing for a perfect game-day spread.
Can You Freeze Them?
You sure can! Jalapeño mac and cheese bites are great to make in batches and freeze for a quick snack.
- Freeze by placing in a zippered bag with the date on it and placing in the freezer.
- Thaw this appetizer in the microwave or let them thaw on their own in the refrigerator.
- Reheat by covering them with foil and baking in the oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes. This will make the breadcrumb topping crispy again, unlike the microwave. Add some breadcrumbs mixed with butter before baking and they will be good as new in minutes!
Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Bites
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup jalapenos drained and chopped
- 1 package Bob Evans Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine cheddar, flour, and ½ cup bread crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in macaroni and jalapenos. Add eggs and fold until combined.
- Spoon into greased mini muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining bread crumbs, melted butter, and bacon bits. Sprinkle over bites.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Mac & Cheese Fun
- Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole – rich, creamy casserole!
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich – two childhood favorites
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese – boiled in milk
- Mac & Cheese Stuffed Meatballs – stuffed full of rich cheddar
- Baked Mac and Cheese – favorite comfort food!