Pigs in a Blanket make great little appetizers for kids & adults alike and best of all, this easy recipe needs just 2 ingredients!
Mini cocktail weiners are wrapped in crescent dough (or puff pastry if you’d like!) and baked until golden brown.
Stuff ’em with cheese, sprinkle them with everything bagel seasoning or sesame seeds, and set them out with your fave dips!
The Perfect Appetizer
Juicy little smokies are wrapped in dough and baked until golden.
- With just 2 ingredients, they’re super easy to prepare.
- These can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours ahead and wrapped in plastic wrap for easy entertaining.
- No mini smokies? Cut hot dogs (or even breakfast sausages) into 1.5″ pieces. You can also make larger pigs in blankets with whole dogs, the cook time will remain close to the same.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Crescent roll pigs in a blanket could not be easier to make!
- Open crescent rolls and slice the roll into 1″ slices before unrolling.
- Unroll each slice and wrap around mini smokies (pinch the seams closed).
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake (per recipe below) and serve.
Variations and Swaps
Cheese is optional but I do love it in these! Either use the lil’ smokies that have cheese in them if you can find them. If not, you can add a tiny bit of processed cheese or even pepper jack when wrapping the dough around the smokies!
If you’d like, brush them with a bit of butter or egg wash and sprinkle with everything seasoning, garlic powder, or poppy seeds before baking!
- Swap out the crescent roll dough for either biscuit dough or puff pastry.
- Add a bit of American cheese inside each if you’d like.
Probably not but on the off chance you’ve got some leftover, refrigerate them for a few days or pop them into the freezer for another day.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge and reheat in an air fryer or oven at 350°F until heated through.
Dip these easy Pigs in a Blanket in honey mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, or chili sauce.
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Easy!
- Easy Cheesy Nachos
- The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – Personal favorite!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 1 package mini cocktail smokies (48 pcs) (I prefer cheese ones)
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open each can of biscuits. Before unrolling, cut each roll into 1" pieces. Unroll each piece and cut into 4 strips. (Don't worry too much about your cutting or how many pieces, you just need enough to cover each smokie).
- Roll dough around each smokie, pinch to seal closed and place seam side down on a pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.
- These can be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours ahead for easy entertaining.
- Add a bit of American cheese inside each if you'd like.
- No mini smokies? Cut hot dogs or cooked breakfast sausage into 1.5" pieces (or even make larger pigs in blankets with whole dogs, the cook time should remain close to the same).
- Brush with butter or egg wash and add sesame seeds, poppy seeds or everything seasoning on top if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!