Pigs in a Blanket aren’t just for kids, they make great little appetizers for adults, too! Learn how to make Pigs in a Blanket with just 2 ingredients! They’re super easy to prepare, and taste great!
Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket make a great appetizer, they are always a HUGE hit no matter what type of gathering we’re having! Juicy little smokies wrapped in dough and baked until golden. With just 2 ingredients, they’re super easy to prepare. I love recipes like this. Easy, delicious and loved by everyone!
While I purchase mini smokies, if you don’t have them you can cut hot dogs into 1.5″ pieces (or even make larger pigs in blankets with whole dogs, the cook time should remain the same).
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Crescent roll pigs in a blanket could not be easier to make! Just 2 ingredients and everyone absolutely loves these.
- Open crescent rolls and slice the roll into 1″ slices.
- Unroll each slice and wrap around mini smokies.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake and serve.
I love to use the mini cocktail smokies that have cheese in them if you can find them. If not, I sometimes add a tiny bit of grated or processed cheese inside when I’m wrapping the dough around the smokies! If you’d like, brush them with a bit of butter and some sesame seeds before baking!
If you’re having a party or gathering, these can easily be made ahead of time. Prepare as directed, loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Cook as directed.
Dip these easy Pigs in a Blanket in mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce or chili sauce.
More Easy Appetizers You'll Love
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Easy!
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms – 3 Ingredients
- Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs – Make ahead
- Reuben Sandwich Sliders
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – Personal favorite!
Pigs in a Blanket
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 package mini cocktail smokies (48 pcs) (I prefer cheese ones)
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open each can of biscuits. Before unrolling, cut each roll into 1" pieces. Unroll each piece and cut into 4 strips. (Don't worry too much about your cutting or how many pieces, you just need enough to cover each smokie).
- Roll dough around each smokie, pinch to seal closed and place seam side down on a pan.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until browned. Serve warm.