I loved this dish… the chicken turns out so juicy and crispy! I didn’t add extra salt to the breading but if you like salt, feel free to add some in! My kids loved dipping this in a side of warm tomato sauce but I prefer it just as it is!
Add a few crumbs to the oil to ensure it’s hot before you put the chicken into the skillet. Once added they should bubble! If the oil isn’t hot enough, the chicken will soak it up and be greasy.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 4 mozzarella cheese strings
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound chicken to ¼" thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each chicken breast with 5 slices of pepperoni and one cheese string (cut in half if needed). Roll the chicken up lengthwise and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Combine the melted butter and garlic in a small dish. Mix the breadcrumbs with seasonings and put them in a separate dish.
- Dip each chicken roll in the butter mixture and then into the breadcrumbs evenly coating the chicken.
- Place in a 9x13 pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until it reaches 165°F.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This yummy recipe was inspired by Army Wife and Mommy!