This was an easy recipe that I cooked up one night on the stove! It took only about 15 minutes start to finish! Be sure to scrape up the brown bits to create a sauce to go along with your chicken!
If you’re not a huge fan of spinach, you could definitely substitute it with mushrooms or peppers.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese or Light Cream Cheese
- 2 Slices of Bacon Cooked Crisp and drained
- 1 Cup of cooked , cooled spinach chopped or 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chicken Broth (I use reduced sodium, in a box)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, crumbled bacon, garlic powder and spinach. Mix well.
- Slice each chicken breast across most of the way so you can open it like a book. (Do not cut it all the way.)
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast and "close" the breast so the cream cheese is inside. Season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until browned on one side.
- Flip the chicken over, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and place the lid on. If the broth evaporates from the skillet, continue to add 1/3 cup at a time until the chicken is finished.
- Allow to cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees).
- Once finished, remove chicken form the pan.
- If no broth remains in the pan, add 1/4 cup broth and using a whisk, scrape up any little brown bits on the bottom. Stir in 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and let bubble until thick. Pour over chicken and serve!