This was an easy recipe that I cooked up one night on the stove! It took only about 15 minutes start to finish! Be sure to scrape up the brown bits to create a sauce to go along with your chicken!
If you’re not a huge fan of spinach, you could definitely substitute it with mushrooms or peppers.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese or Light Cream Cheese
- 2 Slices of Bacon Cooked Crisp and drained
- 1 Cup of cooked , cooled spinach chopped or 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chicken Broth (I use reduced sodium, in a box)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, crumbled bacon, garlic powder and spinach. Mix well.
- Slice each chicken breast across most of the way so you can open it like a book. (Do not cut it all the way.)
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast and "close" the breast so the cream cheese is inside. Season the outside with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until browned on one side.
- Flip the chicken over, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and place the lid on. If the broth evaporates from the skillet, continue to add 1/3 cup at a time until the chicken is finished.
- Allow to cook about 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (170 degrees).
- Once finished, remove chicken form the pan.
- If no broth remains in the pan, add 1/4 cup broth and using a whisk, scrape up any little brown bits on the bottom. Stir in 1 tablespoon of cream cheese and let bubble until thick. Pour over chicken and serve!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)