Everything Cream Cheese Chicken incorporates all of the flavors from the famous “everything bagel” into a delicious chicken dinner!
In this recipe, chicken breasts are stuffed with a savory cream cheese filling, breaded with a real whole bagel, and a liberal dash of everything bagel seasoning!
This cheesy breaded chicken makes for a great meal served with a tossed salad and some veggies!
- BAGEL BREAD CRUMBS A fresh bagel is made into crumbs for the perfect coating to this cream cheese chicken recipe. I use plain bagels but you can use any flavor (cheddar is great too). If you don’t have bagels, use Panko bread crumbs instead.
- CHICKEN BREASTS Boneless/skinless are used in this recipe. Boneless chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz so cooking time can vary, I use smaller 5oz breasts in this recipe.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING No “everything” dish would be complete without a cream cheese filling! A bit of cheddar adds extra flavor!
- EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING This seasoning can be store bought or make your own everything seasoning here.
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken
- Grind the bagel (if using) in a food processor to make crumbs. Mix with everything bagel seasoning and set aside (you can use Panko bread crumbs if you prefer).
- Combine cream cheese filling mixture ingredients (per recipe below).
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise (but not all the way through) and open like a book. Fill the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll chicken in crumbs, sprinkle with more everything bagel seasoning and bake in pre-heated oven.
How Long To Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast
It takes longer for cream cheese filled chicken breast to cook than it does for just boneless baked chicken breasts. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve Cream Cheese Chicken with…
Everything chicken goes with… well, everything!
Leftover cream cheese chicken can be thinly sliced and topped onto a pile of greens for a healthy lunch. Or tuck some into a toasted Kaiser roll for a heartier meal.
- To Freeze, store in an airtight container or zippered bag. Leftovers can be frozen up to 2 weeks!.
- To Reheat, simply top with a little more everything bagel seasoning, a dash of salt and pepper. If heated in the microwave, the breading wont be crisp so I like to use the toaster oven or even microwave and broil for a few minutes.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts 5 oz each
- 6 tablespoons spreadable herb and garlic cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 plain bagel or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons everything seasoning divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Break the bagel into small pieces and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse to create crumbs (don't make them too fine).
- Combine the breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons everything seasoning and olive oil. Mix well to combine. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise (so it opens like a book) but don't cut all the way through. Fill each breast with the cream cheese mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
- Mix beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour and dip into the beaten egg. Roll in the bagel crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with remaining everything seasoning.
- Bake on prepared pan for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)