Everything Cream Cheese Chicken incorporates all of the flavors from the famous “everything bagel” into a delicious chicken dinner!
In this recipe, chicken breasts are stuffed with a savory cream cheese filling, breaded with a real whole bagel, and a liberal dash of everything bagel seasoning!
This cheesy breaded chicken makes for a great meal served with a tossed salad and some veggies!
- BAGEL BREAD CRUMBS A fresh bagel is made into crumbs for the perfect coating to this cream cheese chicken recipe. I use plain bagels but you can use any flavor (cheddar is great too). If you don’t have bagels, use Panko bread crumbs instead.
- CHICKEN BREASTS Boneless/skinless are used in this recipe. Boneless chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz so cooking time can vary, I use smaller 5oz breasts in this recipe.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING No “everything” dish would be complete without a cream cheese filling! A bit of cheddar adds extra flavor!
- EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING This seasoning can be store bought or make your own everything seasoning here.
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken
This one is a super cheesy chicken breast! Rather than rolling the chicken as you would in chicken cordon bleu, I prefer to butterfly the chicken like in these spinach stuffed chicken breasts.
- Grind the bagel (if using) in a food processor to make crumbs. Mix with everything bagel seasoning and set aside (you can use Panko bread crumbs if you prefer).
- Combine cream cheese filling mixture ingredients (per recipe below).
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise (but not all the way through) and open like a book. Fill the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll chicken in crumbs, sprinkle with more everything bagel seasoning and bake in pre-heated oven.
How Long To Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast
It takes longer for cream cheese filled chicken breast to cook than it does for just boneless baked chicken breasts. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve Cream Cheese Chicken with…
Everything chicken goes with… well, everything!
You can’t go wrong with a side of mashed potatoes or crispy baked potato wedges.
Add in some veggies like green beans with bacon, roasted broccoli or even just a fresh tossed salad.
Leftover cream cheese chicken can be thinly sliced and topped onto a pile of greens for a healthy lunch. Or tuck some into a toasted Kaiser roll for a heartier meal.
- To Freeze, store in an airtight container or zippered bag. Leftovers can be frozen up to 2 weeks!.
- To Reheat, simply top with a little more everything bagel seasoning, a dash of salt and pepper. If heated in the microwave, the breading wont be crisp so I like to use the toaster oven or even microwave and broil for a few minutes.
- Easy Chicken Parmesan – reader favorite
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Creamy Chicken Florentine
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – fancy meal at home!
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Everything Cream Cheese Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts 5 oz each
- 6 tablespoons spreadable herb and garlic cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 plain bagel or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons everything seasoning divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Break the bagel into small pieces and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse to create crumbs (don't make them too fine).
- Combine the breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons everything seasoning and olive oil. Mix well to combine. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise (so it opens like a book) but don't cut all the way through. Fill each breast with the cream cheese mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
- Mix beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour and dip into the beaten egg. Roll in the bagel crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with remaining everything seasoning.
- Bake on prepared pan for 35-40 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This was amazing! I used reg cream cheese because it’s what I had. My picky grandson had 2 pieces! I definitely recommend this recipe!
I am so happy to hear this recipe was a hit Laura!
Shredded or grated parm?
I use shredded parmesan Debbie. Enjoy!
DELICIOUS!! We love this recipe so much. My husband asks for it all the time. So much flavor! I use regular cream cheese and it works perfectly.
My family loved this recipe. I used everything bagel cream cheese and I added chopped green onion to it as well, very flavourful. I will be making it again. I may even use the filling as a baked dip sometime! Thanks again :)
You’re very welcome Mary!
AMAZING!! I followed the recipe exactly except I couldn’t find the herbs cream cheese so I used the green onion. Best chicken I have ever had. Full of flavor on every bite. My husband and I both loved it!
I made this last night along with the bacon green beans and a side salad. It was so good! My boyfriend and I both loved it! I only had regular cream cheese so I just added an assortment or herbs to the cheese mixture to make my own.
I have made soooo many recipes from your site and they all end up being repeat favorites. Thank you!
So glad you loved it Lauren, thanks so much for the review! :)
Could not find garlic herb cream cheese and made my own. Delicious. I did turn oven on broil you toast breading a little. Served with mix vegetables. Will make again!!
Have loved all your recipes that I have tried. Need a recipe book, girl!
Ahh thank you so much!!
I agree with you!!! I would buy the cookbook. All the recipes I saved I could make the cook book…
Can’t wait to try these recipes!
Just love the simplicity and full flavors in your recipes. Thank you for sharing ❤️
Thank you so much Brandi!