This delicious stuffed chicken breast recipe is really easy to make and always gets rave reviews! Tender and juicy on the inside with a deliciously crispy skin and an amazing mushroom filling. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight family dinner and fancy enough to serve to guests!
You can use any type of mushroom in this recipe, I prefer brown mushrooms for a richer flavor. Bone-in, skin-on chicken definitely provides the best flavor and the most tender chicken! When stuffing the chicken, if you have a little bit of filling leftover, just lift the skin and add it to the skin. I always use an instant read thermometer for absolutely perfect chicken!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
MUSHROOM STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in, skin on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 oz . brown or white mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons spreadable herb & garlic cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until slightly softened. Add in mushrooms and cook until juices are released and reabsorbed. Add wine and thyme. Cook until evaporated but not dry. Cool completely.
- Combine cooled mushrooms with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and salt & pepper to taste.
Using a sharp knife, cut a 1 1/2″ slit in the side of the chicken. Move the knife around creating a pocket. Fill the pocket with 1/4 of the mushroom mixture. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Place chicken breasts on a foil lined pan, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and bake 30-35 minutes (165 degrees).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love