Pizza Rolls are handheld bites filled with cheese and all of your favorite pizza toppings!
A simple pizza dough roll with loads of pepperoni and cheese is baked to bubbly perfection in about 30 minutes.
Prepacked or made ahead pizza dough makes this easy recipe not only fun to make, but great for kids to learn basic cooking skills and have fun at the same time!
Choose your favorite pizza toppings or let the kids add their own!
These Pizza Rolls make for a yummy snack, appetizer, lunch or dinner! They’re a great freeze-ahead meal, perfect for busy weeknights.
DOUGH For this recipe, I use pizza dough but any kind of dough will work. If you have a can of crescent rolls, use those!
SAUCE Top your dough with pizza sauce, tomato sauce, marinara sauce or try making a homemade pizza sauce!
TOPPINGS Anything that goes on a regular pizza can go into a pizza roll! If using veggies that contain a lot of water (like mushrooms) be sure to cook them first and drain well.
Meat: I love pepperoni as a topping, but bacon, Italian sausage or shredded chicken will taste great too.
Veggies: While I didn’t add any veggies, fresh peppers, mushrooms or jalapenos would taste delicious!
Cheese: Mozza and Parmesan are my favorites, but try cheddar, Monterey jack or pepper jack for a fun twist.
How to Roll Out Pizza Dough
- For pizza dough: gently remove from the container and roll it out flat. Use a little flour to keep the dough from sticking to the work surface or hands.
- For crescent rolls: squeeze together the perforated edges to make one large square, and roll out to about a 16” by 14” inch square.
How to Make Pizza Rolls
For delicious, homemade pizza roll perfection:
- Roll out dough, spread with sauce, and add toppings.
- Roll up from one end to the other, then slice into 12 rolls.
- Place in greased muffin tins and sprinkle with cheese then bake per recipe below.
Serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping!
How to Store Pizza Rolls
Keep cooled pizza rolls in a zippered bag in the refrigerator until they are ready to be reheated again. Reheat in the microwave with a fresh sprinkle of cheese. Don’t forget to heat up the pizza sauce!
Or freeze (like pizza pockets) in an airtight container, and take for lunches or a quick snack!
Yummy Pizza-Inspired Recipes
- Pizza Bites – quick & tasty
- Stromboli Recipe – 30-minute meal
- Pizza Bombs – homemade pizza pockets
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – classic comfort food
- Bubble Pizza Bread – easy pull-apart bread
- Easy Homemade Calzone – mini pizza pockets
Did you love these homemade Pizza Rolls? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 pound pizza dough or 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce divided
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ⅔ cup mini pepperoni or chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll pizza dough out to approximately a 16" x 14" square.
- Combine garlic powder and parsley with 1/2 cup of pizza sauce and spread over the dough. Top with mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and mini pepperoni. Roll dough cinnamon roll style.
- Cut into 12 slices and place in greased muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and serve with remaining pizza sauce for dipping!
- Use premade pizza dough, crescent rolls or homemade pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce, tomato sauce or even marinara sauce work great.
- Toppings: Try bacon, fresh peppers or even pineapple and don't forget your favorite cheese. If your toppings have a lot of moisture (like mushrooms) be sure to cook them first.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)