The marriage of peanut butter and chocolate is just a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned. Peanut Butter Banana Refrigerator Pie, Peanut Butter Fudge, Peanut Butter Brownies… I could go on forever. So when it’s peanut butter and oreo, it’s off the charts in my books! This Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake is a very simple recipe that comes together in just 20 minutes and no baking is required!
The result is an unbelievably rich and decadent dessert that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen! This is a perfect dessert for summer! When it’s really hot outside there is no need to work over a hot stove, so this no-bake icebox cake recipe really makes a hot day easier!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Peanut Butter * Oreo Cookies * 9 x 9 pan *
Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake
- 2 packages of Oreo cookies
- 2 cups milk
- chocolate syrup (to drizzle)
Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package cream cheese (8 Ounce) softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 package Cool Whip (8 Ounce) thawed
Peanut Butter Cream
- With an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, ¼ cup of milk and peanut butter
- Add Powdered Sugar and mix until blended and then beat until smooth
- Add cool whip and mix on low just until mixed
- Pour milk into a bowl
- Dip Oreo cookies into the milk for about 2-3 seconds on each side. You want them wet but not falling apart.
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 pan with "milk soaked Oreos". I did have to break some of the cookies in half to fit to the edge
- Top with ½ of the Peanut Butter Cream
- Repeat one more layer of cookies and Peanut butter cream
- Cover with plastic wrap (I stick toothpicks in the cake before putting on the wrap so it doesn't stick to the cake)
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup and serve with a glass of milk
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love
* Banana Split Icebox Cake * Peanut Butter Lasagna * Chocolate Oreo Rice Krispie Treats *
This recipe was inspired by Kraft’s Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie and my mom’s amazing wafer icebox cake!
Oreos are better used as a pie crust. The peanut butter cream cheese as the filling! That is my plans next time I make it.
I think I’m going to try it with vanilla oreo’s!!!
Yummy! Great idea!
I don’t care for cream cheese. What else can I use inplace of it?
I made this Peanut Butter Oreo Icebox Cake and my family begs for it now! It is RICH. I did use double stuff the first time–and it is better with regular oreos, not double stuff. I don’t think it gets quite as soft. Great recipe. We loved it!