Peach Dump Cake is one of the easiest ever dessert recipes. This simple recipe needs just a handful of ingredients including canned peaches, boxed cake mix, and butter.
Simply dump all the ingredients into a pan and bake until golden and delicious. It’s so easy to make, even the most novice of bakers can master this one!
What is Peach Dump Cake?
It’s a cross between a peach cobbler and a crisp. This recipe is even better because there is little need for prep (or skill) and it comes together super fast. While this recipe uses a cake mix, it does not come out like a cake, it’s more similar to a cobbler.
When you’re invited to something last minute, you can whip up this dessert in mere minutes! Canned peaches, a pre-made cake mix, some butter, and a few spices are all you need!
What Peaches Should You Use?
Fresh (or Frozen) Peaches: To take advantage of the late summer peach harvest you can use fresh peaches. These will stay firmer while baking. Peel peaches (I use this peeling method here), slice and mix with 2 tablespoons sugar. Let sit 30 minutes or so until they become juicy.
If using frozen peaches allow them to defrost in a bowl with a bit of sugar. Do not discard the juices.
Canned Peaches: Canned peaches are used in this recipe and the heavy syrup is the liquid binder that blends everything together! Canned peaches mean you can make this amazing cobbler any time of the year! And trust me, you’ll want to!
To Make Peach Dump Cake
With just four ingredients it’s super easy to make this dump cake from scratch! And it’s as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Pour three cans of the peaches (draining one) in a dish.
- Sprinkle cake mixture over the top of the peaches, then top with pats of butter.
- Bake (see recipe below) until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve with a big dollop of whipped cream or even better a scoop of ice cream!
Reheating Peach Dump Cake
The best way to reheat peach dump cake, if you have smaller portions, is to microwave it. If you have an entire peach dump cake to reheat, then heat it in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350°F or until warm. Again, serve it with whipped cream or ice cream and it’s like new again!
Can It Be Frozen?
Dump cakes, just like cobblers can be frozen up to six to eight months. Use freezer and oven safe containers to avoid extra dishes!
Must-Try Peach Desserts
- Peach Upside Down Cake – made with easy ingredients
- Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches – fresh, juicy & sweet!
- Peaches and Cream – simple & delicious!
- Peach Dumplings – just 4 ingredients
- Creamy Peach Pie – baked in a creamy custard!
- Homemade Peach Crisp – melt in your mouth tender
Peach Dump Cake
- 3 cans peaches in heavy syrup (14-15 ounces each)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature, sliced into 24 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 9x13 dish add 2 cans of the peaches with the heavy syrup.
- Drain the 3rd can of peaches and add just the peaches to the dish. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together the yellow cake mix and the apple pie spice and sprinkle over the top covering all the peaches.
- Pat the mixture down lightly. Place the sliced butter squares equally over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until deep golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before scooping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!