Peach Crisp is made with a buttery topping of chopped pecans sprinkled over sliced fresh peaches. It’s all baked until the fruit is melt-in-your-mouth tender and the topping is browned and crunchy.
What is in a Peach Crisp?
Peach Crisp is all about the crispy browned topping. It is the perfect crunch and companions to the sweet, melt-in-your-mouth soft fruit.
- Peaches: fresh peaches (peeled and sliced), brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Topping: butter, rolled oats, and chopped pecans.
To Peel Peaches
I use the same method to peel peaches as I do to peel tomatoes and the peels just slide right off.
- Cut an x in the bottom of each peach and drop in boiling water for about a minute.
- Remove peaches with a slotted spoon and immediately submerge in a bowl of ice water.
- Peel off the skin which should slide right off.
To Make Peach Crisp
Now you’re ready to make peach crisp with a sensational crispy-crunchy topping. Easy as 1,2,3!
- Slice and mix the peaches with brown sugar and cinnamon (per recipe below) and place in a baking dish
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter with all the other topping ingredients.
- Crumble and sprinkle over the peaches. Bake until bubbling hot.
How To Thicken Fruit Crisp
Peaches are super juicy and release a lot of liquid as they bake so similar to a blueberry crisp, you’ll want to ensure you add a thickener like flour or cornstarch. I use flour and if you find your peaches are extra juicy, you can add a little bit extra flour to create a thick sauce.
To Refresh the Crisp Topping
Leftover peach crisp can keep in the refrigerator for 4 days or more. The moisture in the fruit will cause the topping to soften but it’s easy to refresh if you’d like a crisp topping!
- Mix ingredients for another topping as directed in the recipe.
- Instead of dropping topping over a fruit layer, sprinkle it on a small parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Sprinkle over reheated crisp.
To Freeze Crisp: Peach crisp can be stored in the freezer for up to four months. As with storing in the fridge, the topping will lose its texture, but the taste will still be just peachy!
Just Peachy Desserts
- Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches – fresh, juicy & sweet
- Peaches and Cream – ready in 30 mins!
- Creamy Peach Pie – creamy custard topped with a crunchy streusel
- Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler – juicy peaches in a buttery cake!
- Peach Dumplings – just 4 ingredients!
Homemade Peach Crisp
- 6 cups fresh peaches peeled*
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peaches, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a 2qt baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix all topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until peaches are hot and bubbly.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)