Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches, are the perfect summer dessert… fresh, juicy and sweet! Peaches are brushed with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, grilled until tender and topped with ice cream before serving!
This time of year peaches are bursting with flavor; perfect for everything from peach pie to peach cobbler. If you’re in the mood for quick and easy, this is the perfect choice!
The Best Tips for Grilling Peaches
Start with firm, but ripe peaches. Make sure they are clean and dry. Remove the pit by running a knife around the peach and twisting it to pull apart. To get the peach pit out, simply use a spoon or just pull it out. If it’s stuck, use a paring knife to carefully cut around it and pop it out.
The trick here is to grill the peaches where the heat is indirect in order to gently caramelize the brown sugar to the peach without burning it.
What to Use Grilled Peaches For
Grilled Peaches stand on their own with their sweet, buttery, brown-sugary taste. They make a fancy side dish next to grilled steaks or pork chops and they also make a great dessert, either alone, or drizzled with caramel sauce or even with a scoop of vanilla ice cream popped right in the center and then garnished with shaved chocolate and a sprig of mint! So pretty and so tasty!
Try making a grilled peach salad (similar to a strawberry spinach salad). Simply grill peaches without the sugar, cool slightly and chop them. Toss with fresh spinach, some crisp pancetta, a sprinkle of crumbled feta. Drizzle with a bright vinaigrette and you have a summer-y salad that will impress your guests!
How to Grill Peaches
Grilled peaches are an easy dessert that you can have on the table in under ten minutes!
- Preheat grill to medium-high or find the medium heat spot on the grill.
- Brush the cut side of each peach half (with the pit removed) with the brown sugar mixture in the recipe below.
- Grill peaches with the cut side up about 3 minutes, then cut side down between 3-5 minutes until the peaches are tender and the sugar is caramelized.
Serve warm with ice cream or other toppings!
Other Delicious Additions
Chopped and toasted pecans or walnuts or even a sprinkle of granola will give your grilled peaches a little bit of a crunch.
Whipped cream or even vanilla yogurt makes a sweet and creamy sauce as it melts over grilled peaches. Put them in a bowl with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg over the top!
Just Peachy Recipes
- Peaches and Cream – just 3 simple steps!
- Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler – this dessert freezes perfectly!
- Creamy Peach Pie – made with a creamy & delicious custard
- Peach Dumplings – only 4 ingredients
- Frozen Peach Champagne Cocktail– perfect slushy summer drink
Brown Sugar Grilled Peaches
- 3 large peaches halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
- ice cream for serving optional
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Brush cut side of peaches with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Rub the brown sugar into the butter so it sticks. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place peaches cut up and grill 3 minutes. Flip over and grill and cook 3-5 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)