Peaches and Cream is the perfect way to enjoy the abundance of summer fruit available during peach season. This dessert is simple and delicious, reminiscent of our favorite Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler.
Fresh peaches in a cinnamon kissed syrup are topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What is Peaches and Cream?
Peaches and cream are just that! Warm saucy peaches topped with cream and served with a scoop of ice cream. In this case, we simply cook them stove top for a few minutes creating a delicious and buttery sauce perfect served with ice cream.
- PEACHES: You don’t have to be from Georgia or the South to find perfectly sweet and juicy fruit for this peaches and cream recipe. Georgia is famous for its peach groves and during May and June. Its famous Clingstone peaches are harvested and sent all over the country. Freestone peaches are picked and distributed nationwide between June and August.
- CREAM: While you can find good quality vanilla ice cream and whole heavy whipping cream any time of the year, this will ensure a rich and flavorful summertime dessert!
How to Make Peaches and Cream
No need to overcomplicate this easy recipe when the main attraction is in-season, fresh peaches! You can have this tasty dessert ready in 3 simple steps!
- Prep: Slice peaches in half and remove the pit, placing in a shallow dish or baking pan, cut side up. (I usually peel the peaches using this peeling method).
- Simmer: Combine the prepped peaches with a bit of sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch. Allow to cook a few minutes on the stove until soft and syrupy.
- Serve: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar and a small mint leaf garnish.
More Summer Fruit
- Blueberry Crisp – a simple favorite
- Blackberry Cobbler – perfectly sweet & tart
- Rhubarb Crisp – just minute to prep!
- Easy Homemade Peach Cobbler – definite crowd-pleaser
- Easy Fruit Pizza– topped with 3 types of juicy berries!
Peaches and Cream
- 4 small peaches or 3 large
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water optional
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ cup vanilla ice cream
- Cut peaches into slices and set in a small saucepan.
- Mix with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid starts to become syrup-like consistency.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and top with vanilla ice cream and cream.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!