Peach Pie is a must try summer delight of juicy, sweet peaches, baked into the most creamy and delicious custard and topped with a buttery streusel topping that melts in your mouth.
This creamy Peach Pie recipe is going to quickly become a favorite with a creamy base loaded with fresh peach flavor!
Creamy Peach Pie ranks high on my list of awesome desserts. This pie tastes like summer, filled with juicy and fragrant peaches that have been baked into the creamiest, silkiest custard. Topped with a buttery streusel topping with the slightest hint of cinnamon that works in harmony with all the fresh and sweet flavors. While I love a good old fashioned Peach Pie, this version I must say, is so much more scrumptious. Served with vanilla ice cream and fresh mint leaves, this will easily become your summer go-to dessert.
SHOULD I USE FRESH OR CANNED PEACHES TO MAKE THIS CREAMY PEACH PIE RECIPE?
I made this recipe with canned peaches, do not confuse that with peach pie filling. You can make this recipe with fresh peaches as well. I personally like to use canned peaches, because every slice is perfect, they are sweet and juicy and you can save time on peeling. The fresh peaches are equally delicious in this recipe, just make sure you use ripe peaches and that you peel them. Toss them in 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
CAN I USE FROZEN PEACHES TO MAKE PEACH PIE?
Yes, you can, but make sure you completely thaw them and drain all the excess liquid. I also like to toss them in 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
HOW DO YOU PEEL FRESH PEACHES?
To peel fresh peaches quickly and easily I use the same method I use for peeling tomatoes! Placing the peaches in boiling water for a few seconds and then plunging them into ice water makes the skins slide right off!
- Bring a large pot with water to a boil.
- Prepare an ice bath on the side.
- Cut a small “x” on the bottom of the peaches.
- Place peaches in the boiling water for 10-20 seconds or until the skin splits.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately place peaches in the ice water bath.
- Use a paring knife to peel off the skin.
Like my favorite Apple Crumb Pie, I like to serve this delicious peach pie with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
CAN I FREEZE THIS CREAMY PEACH PIE?
Yes, you can freeze this pie. After you bake it, let it cool to room temperature. Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil, I also like to add a good layer of plastic wrap. The frozen pie will keep up to four months.
Creamy Peach Pie
- One 9 inch pie crust
For the Filling
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon peach extract
- 3 cans 15 oz each Sliced Peaches in juice or light syrup drain well
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter cold and cubed
- mint leaves optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate with a pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar with ⅓ cup of flour, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, sour cream and peach extract, whisk until well combined.
- Add the peaches to the bowl, using a spatula, gently stir to combine, careful not to crush the peaches.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared crust. Distribute evenly.
- In a medium bowl, combine both white and brown sugar, cinnamon and ¾ cups flour. Stir to combine.
- Add the butter, using a fork or pastry cutter combine the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the creamy peach layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until lightly browned. If the crust starts to brown more than you prefer, place foil over the crust and continue baking.
- Remove from oven and place pie to cool on a wire rack.
- After completely cooled, refrigerate for at least 3 hours for the custard to settle.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!