This Spinach Dip Recipe is a go-to easy appetizer or party dip that absolutely everyone loves!
A creamy base is mixed with frozen spinach, water chestnuts, and green onions for the perfect party mixture. Serve this spinach dip cold with chips, crackers, or garlic crostini, or use a loaf (or small rolls) as a bowl!
A Quick Dip Recipe
- This is a version of the Knorr spinach dip which is famous for good reason.
- As much as I love a good hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, this cold spinach dip is easy to make ahead (no heating is required).
- It is so fast to make; simply stir and refrigerate.
- This recipe is versatile, add artichokes, jalapenos, or even diced red peppers.
- Creamy Base: I start with mayonnaise (low fat is fine too) and sour cream. Swap out the sour cream with Greek yogurt to lighten it up a bit.
- Spinach: This recipe uses frozen chopped spinach but you can replace frozen spinach with fresh spinach. Simply cook it down and squeeze it dry.
- Add-Ins: Water chestnuts add great crunch and texture to this spinach dip. If you don’t have them on hand, you can substitute diced celery or even bell peppers.
- Seasoning: The quintessential seasoning for this dip is Knorr Vegetable Soup mix (Lipton makes one as well).
No Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix? No Problem!
Substitute with onion soup mix, ranch seasoning mix, or even a tablespoon or so of bouillon with your favorite herbs. Add a little bit of finely diced red bell pepper and a bit of shredded carrot.
How To Make Spinach Dip
This is not a baked spinach dip, it’s served cold and often in a “bread bowl” and it’s best made ahead of time.
For this recipe, you’ll simply need to mix the ingredients together (per the recipe below). They’ll need to sit for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend and to allow the ingredients in the soup mix to rehydrate.
To Serve: Select a loaf of crusty bread, hollow out the middle (save the bread in the middle), and fill it with the spinach dip before serving. Any of the bread that was in the middle can be cubed for dipping (and of course as the dip is low, the bowl itself is perfect for tearing off pieces and dipping too)!
For a party, use small dinner rolls and hollow them out for individual spinach dip bowls. This is also great served with crackers, tortilla chips, bread, or veggies as dippers too!
More Creamy Dips You’ll Love
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip – Amazing!
- Easy Queso Dip
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Quick party Dip!
- Mexican Corn Dip
- 4 Ingredient Dill Pickle Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (Video) – Popular!
Did you make this Spinach Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Spinach Dip
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach 1 package, thawed
- 8 ounces water chestnuts canned, drained
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise or dressing, low fat or regular
- 1 package dry vegetable soup mix 1.4 ounces
- 3 green onions chopped
- Defrost spinach overnight in the fridge or in the microwave. Squeeze dry.
- Chop water chestnuts and combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving
- Serve with bread, crackers or vegetables for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!