I could eat this stuff by the truckload… I love it!!
I make it all the time because it’s super simple and always a HUGE hit!! I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from her friend, who got it from her aunt’s second cousin’s coworker. I guess what I’m saying is… I don’t know the origin but I got it from my sister.. and then I lightened it up a bit!
Spinach dip is often served in a “bread bowl” which is all fine and dandy.. but I like to put it in it’s own bowl. This way I can just put a little out at a time because mayo sitting around in the sun for hours just doesn’t sit well with me (ok, it doesn’t usually last that long). When the first little bowl is empty, I just replace it! Or I serve it in a bread bowl.. :)
Lightened Up Spinach Dip!
- 1 Package of Frozen chopped spinach
- 1 Cup of Light Mayo or Dressing (like Miracle Whip)
- 2 Cups of Light Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt (Or 1 cup of each)
- 1 Package of Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 Can of Water Chestnuts coarsely chopped
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- Bread , crackers or veggies for dipping
Defrost spinach overnight in the fridge or in the microwave
Squeeze spinach completely dry
Mix together the first 6 ingredients
Let sit in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours prior to serving
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)