Everyone loves a good dip and even better when that dip takes just a few minutes to make!
This quick and delicious cream cheese dip mixes cream cheese (of course!) with taco seasoning, salsa, and cheddar, no baking required.
Make it mild or spicy by changing up the salsa and grab a bag of potato chips or tortilla chips.
Cream cheese makes the base of this dip (of course!!) and adding a little sour cream softens it and makes it easy to scoop.
Simply seasoned with taco seasoning (homemade or a packet) and your choice of mild or spicy salsa, it’s deliciously flavorful. Stir in some jalapenos for a little kick and a sprinkle of shredded cheese (we love a cheddar or a Mexican cheese blend).
It doesn’t get easier than that!
How to Make Cream Cheese Dip
Start with softened cream cheese for easy mixing. When making dips, a hand mixer creates a light fluffy base making it the perfect consistency.
- Using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream and salsa (per recipe below).
- Fold in shredded cheddar and other ingredients.
- Chill and serve.
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Dip
It makes a great dip in the center of a raw veggie dip too.
More Favorite Additions
- Veggies Corn, diced bell peppers, chopped tomatoes
- Spice Hot sauce, hot peppers, a pinch of cayenne
- Meat Ground beef or sausage can ‘beef up’ this dip.
- Toppings Black olives, green onions, extra cheddar, cilantro
It’s a good idea to make cream cheese dip in advance to give the flavors a chance to blend. Keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Got leftovers?! Cook up some pasta and add in the leftover dip. Stir and add a little bit of milk (or broth) until its smooth and creamy! So good.
More Quick (no bake) Dips
- 4 Ingredient Dill Pickle Dip – perfect for potato chips
- Rotel Dip– serve warm
- Bacon Cheddar Racnh Dip – quick and easy
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – add your fave toppings
- Bacon Cheddar Dip – a classic combo
- French Onion Dip – from scratch!
Did you love this Cream Cheese Dip? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, finely shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup jalapenos finely chopped and drained (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and salsa with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in cheddar, onions and jalapenos if adding.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More Quick Dips
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – super easy
- Everything Bagel Dip – great with bagel chips
- Easy Spinach Dip – Party classic
- Crack Dip – bacon, cheddar, and ranch
- 7 Layer Dip – refried beans, salsa, sour cream, and more