Cream cheese dip is always a crowd favorite! With a combination of cream cheese (of course!), salsa, taco seasoning and cheddar, this dip needs just minutes to prepare.
It’s perfect with any dippers you may be serving, from chips to veggies!
How to Make Cream Cheese Dip
Start with softened cream cheese for easy mixing. When making dips, a hand mixer creates a light fluffy base making it the perfect consistency.
- Using a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream and salsa (per recipe below).
- Fold in shredded cheddar and other ingredients.
- Chill and serve.
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Dip: Serve this dip with celery sticks, veggies, tortilla chips, bagel chips, or as a spread for crackers or toast.
It makes a great dip in the center of a raw veggie platter.
Make this into a jalapeno cream cheese dip by adding ½ cup of chopped pickled jalapenos from a jar. More favorites:
- Veggies Corn, diced peppers, chopped tomatoes
- Spice Hot sauce, hot peppers, a pinch of cayenne
- Meat Ground beef or sausage can ‘beef up’ this dip.
- Toppings Black olives, green onions, extra cheddar, cilantro
Can You Make Cream Cheese Dip in Advance?
It’s a good idea to make cream cheese dip in advance to give the flavors a chance to develop. Keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator. It will keep up to a week.
Not a good candidate for freezing, however. This is a dairy rich dip, and will separate when thawed, so better confine it to the fridge.
Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, finely shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup jalapenos finely chopped and drained (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and salsa with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in cheddar, onions and jalapenos if adding.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Quick Dips
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – super easy
- Everything Bagel Dip – great with bagel chips
- Easy Spinach Dip – Party classic
- Crack Dip – bacon, cheddar and ranch
- 7 Layer Dip – refried beans, salsa, sour cream and more