If you need a quick snack, this cheese dip recipe comes together in minutes!
Simply seasoned and extra creamy, this cheese dip uses just a few ingredients (that I always have on hand) and comes together in no time at all.
It’s the perfect dip for chips and vegetables and great spread on crackers.
Our Favorite Easy Cheesy Dip
This cheese dip is a perfect chip dip, great for veggies or pretzels, and thick enough to spread onto toast or sandwiches too! Many cheese dip recipes are heated or cooked (more like a queso dip or a rotel dip) but this is quick to mix and enjoy.
- Ready in 5 minutes, it’s an easy appetizer that is so quick to prepare.
- This dip only gets better the longer it sits and has lots of real cheese flavor (it’s perfect to make ahead).
- While delicious on its own, this recipe also lends itself well to so many additions. It’s the perfect cheesy base, so get creative and make a dip as unique as you are!
- Leftovers can be used as a dip but make a great sandwich spread or it melts well as a pasta sauce with a splash of milk.
Cream cheese is the base of this dip. We love to add in sharp cheddar. Since the cheese isn’t melted, pre-shredded cheese works great in this recipe. Change it up and try pepper jack!
Simple seasonings complement the cheddar flavor but you can certainly add your own favorite seasonings to this recipe. Ranch dressing mix or fresh herbs make great additions! Homemade taco seasoning is another favorite and makes this into a tortilla chip dip!
ADD-INS The possibilities are endless.
- jalapenos or mild green chiles
- chopped bacon
- green onions
- seasonings such as chili powder or a dash of hot sauce
How to Make Cheese Dip
This dip can be mixed and served immediately but the flavor is even better if you have time to allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese with mayonnaise, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Stir in shredded cheese (per the recipe below).
- Chill and enjoy!
Using a hand mixer makes the base fluffy and keeps your chips from breaking when you dip them. This dip can also be pulsed in a food processor if you’d prefer.
Serve this easy dip as the center of a dip platter or alongside a bowl of potato chips
- Veggies: celery sticks, carrots, broccoli or cauliflower florets, and cherry tomatoes
- Bread & Crackers: pita, potato chips, bagel chips, toasted baguette rounds, crackers, and tortilla chips
Fill celery sticks with this cheese dip, or pipe it onto cucumber slices. Or, garnish with chopped chives or parsley, olives, halved cherry tomatoes, pimento, or your favorite topping.
Tips for the Best Cheese Dip
- Use a hand mixer or food processor. This will make the cheese nice and soft, perfect for scooping.
- Cheese dip can be made well in advance to allow the flavors to blend. It will keep in the fridge for as long as the shortest expiration date mentioned on your ingredients used.
- Make Leftovers into Pasta! Melt the dip in a large skillet with a splash of milk. Stir in some cooked pasta and enjoy!
Did you make this Easy Cheese Dip? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Easy Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- For the best flavor, refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!