Lemon Blueberry Loaf! A moist and delicious lemon loaf loaded with blueberries. This will be your new favorite snack or breakfast!
This is one of my favorite quick bread recipes! There is just something so right about lemon and blueberry together! This loaf is delicious with morning tea or coffee or as an after school snack, my girls just can’t get enough of it!
When adding the wet and dry ingredients, don’t over mix the batter as this causes a tough chewy loaf. Be sure not to skip the glaze, it just takes a minute to make and really finishes off the bread beautifully!
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream or milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries , divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a 9x5 pan.
- Zest & juice the lemon. Set each aside.
- Cream butter & sugar, add in eggs and milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- Add to butter mixture and stir just until combined, do not over mix.
- In a bowl, toss blueberries with flour. Remove any excess flour and fold 1 cup of blueberries into the batter. Pour into prepared pan. Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Poke holes all over the loaf (I used a chopstick) and pour glaze over the loaf. Cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)