Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is loaded with flavor and just the right warm fall spices and add-ins. This bread is a delicious alternative to our usual Banana Bread Recipe and it’s so easy to make.
Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
I absolutely love this bread! A sweet, fluffy quick bread filled with pumpkin, zucchini, and delicious fall spices. Whether you are preparing for coffee time or you simply want to send a delicious treat in your kids’ lunch box, this Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is the answer!
I had a surplus of zucchini in my garden this year and wanted a fall twist on a traditional zucchini loaf! Pumpkin and zucchini both make baking extra moist (like in Zucchini Brownies and Zucchini Cookies).
Tips for How to Make Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- You can easily grate the zucchini with a hand grater and there is no need to peel it first (don’t worry, you’ll never know the zucchini is even in there).
- Don’t squeeze the zucchini dry for this recipe as the moisture is required to keep the loaves nice and moist!
- As with all quick breads, be sure to mix the wet and dry ingredients just until combined as overmixing will cause a chewy dry loaf.
- Glaze on the Side: The cream cheese topping the perfect topping on this bread. It’s sweet and creamy with the perfect balance of cream cheese and sugar! Keep in mind the topping is soft and it will not set as a frosting would. Because of this, I usually slice the bread and drizzle the glaze overtop if I am serving it right away. If not, I either skip the glaze or just drizzle a little on each piece as I serve or eat it.
How to Store Pumpkin Zucchini Bread for Later
My family absolutely LOVES this bread! If I’m able to pry any bread away from their hungry hands I store it sealed at room temperature for up to 2 days (after that I freeze it as it’s so moist it can spoil quickly).
Freezer: Another great idea is to slice and freeze this bread and just take a couple of slices out for a snack or to add to a lunchbox. It will defrost on the counter in about 20 minutes or a few seconds in the microwave will do the trick!
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – Big batch baking… freezes well!
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Soup – The best ever!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe – Classic pumpkin pie recipe!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini do not drain or squeeze
- ½ cup walnuts or mini chocolate chips (optional)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- ¼ cup cream cheese , softened
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons light cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder with a whisk. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, pumpkin, and sugar.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in zucchini and nuts or chocolate chips if using. Pour into prepared pans.
- Place in the oven and reduce heat to 325°F. Bake 40-50 minutes for a 9x5 pan and 45-55 minutes for an 8x4 pan or until a toothpick comes out clean. DO not over bake!
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pans.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Beat cream cheese & powdered sugar together. Stir in cream a little at a time until glaze reaches desired consistency. Pour over cooled loaves.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Slightly adapted from Taste of Home
More Recipes You’ll Love