Strawberry bread makes a versatile breakfast bread, anytime snack, or a decadent dessert.
This recipe for strawberry quick bread turns out sweet, moist, and oh-so-delicious. It’s loaded with berries, and a light powder sugar glaze makes the perfect topping.
Our Favorite Quick Bread!
- This recipe has bakery-quality flavor and moist texture.
- Strawberry bread is made with simple ingredients you likely have on hand.
- A tasty way to use up fresh or frozen strawberries and reduce food waste.
- Make this easy quick bread recipe to serve with tea or coffee!
This recipe has been sponsored by Challenge Butter.
Ingredients for Strawberry Bread
Strawberries – Fresh strawberries add flavor and color, but other fruit can be substituted like rhubarb or blueberries. Frozen strawberries can be used (no need to thaw); however you’ll need to add a few minutes of baking time.
Butter – Use a good quality fresh butter like Challenge for the perfect texture (aka crumb) and great flavor. Challenge is made with just two ingredients, cream and salt so it provides consistent results.
Batter – To make the base of your strawberry bread, you’ll need all-purpose flour, a bit of sugar, light cream, and eggs.
Mix-ins – A few sprinkles of poppy seeds, lemon zest, or even white chocolate chips can be added.
Glaze – The glaze adds a delicious tangy sweet flavor to each slice but is totally optional!
How to Make Strawberry Bread
A quick overview, here are the step for making the strawberry bread recipe below.
- Cream: Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and cream. Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix: Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in fresh berries.
- Pour: Batter into a metal pan and top with more berries
- Bake and Cool: Before slicing.
Pro Tips For Perfect Quick Bread
- If using frozen berries, toss them in the dry mix before adding them to the batter to keep them from sinking to the bottom.
- Use unsalted butter in baking and add your own salt.
- Don’t over mix, or the bread will be too dense.
- Let the eggs come to room temperature before use.
Save a Loaf for the Freezer!
- Store strawberry bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Wrap whole loaves or slices in plastic wrap and place them in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
- Use strawberry bread to make this favorite bread pudding recipe that can be made in advance and served hot or cold!
Our Favorite Quick Breads
Did your family love this Strawberry Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon for dusting strawberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup salted Challenge butter (1 stick), softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups fresh strawberries diced, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, cream, and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of strawberries for topping the bread. Toss the remaining strawberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Remove any excess flour and very gently fold them into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and top with reserved strawberries.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Once the bread has cooled, combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over the top of the bread and let set.
- If using whole berries like blueberries, toss them in flour first so they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter.
- Ensure the butter and eggs are softened before mixing and cream until light and fluffy before adding other ingredients.
- Avoid overmixing the batter or the bread will be tough and chewy.
- The pan can be greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Use a metal baking pan for the best results.
- Be sure not to over bake the bread, a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!