Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese is everything you could possibly ask for from comfort food! Soft bread with a crisp exterior and a creamy, cheesy, dreamy jalapeno popper inspired filling!
Piquant and cheesy, this easy grilled cheese sandwich is a perfectly heavenly combination of gooey and crunchy at the same time.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy meal or midnight snack, I’ve got you covered. This sandwich is fast and easy, and the results make for a delicious reward at the end!
Jalapeno Grilled Cheese Ingredients
This jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwich recipe uses a delicious combination of of flavors similar to those found in my famous Jalapeno Popper Dip!
Smooth cream cheese with shredded parmesan and sharp cheddar, pickled jalapeño peppers and thick slices of sourdough bread.
- Cheese: You can substitute or add in any other cheeses you like. Grated asiago, romano, and/or pepper jack are good options. You want something with a robust flavor to stand out among the cream cheese.
- Bread: The bread you choose is another area you can play around with. For the best texture look for a crusty, substantial bread that holds its’ shape when thickly sliced.
- Flavor Boost: To boost the flavor of this jalapeño popper grilled cheese even more, turn up the flavor even by adding a layer of crispy bacon or sliced ham.
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
For this recipe all you need is a frying pan and a spatula. It’s as easy as 1,2,3 to prep and cook the best grilled cheese jalapeño popper sandwich you’ve ever tasted:
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise (or butter if you’d prefer but mayonnaise definitely gives the best crust).
- Place the jalapeño filling between two slices, on the plain sides.
- Grill until toasted brown on one side, then flip and repeat on the other.
Cut diagonally from end to end and serve warm and melty (with a cold beer if you like).
What Goes Good With Grilled Cheese?
Jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwiches are rich and filling, so serve them with sides that are fresh and crisp. Skip the salty or oily chips, instead, think a classic Tomato Soup (of course)!!
More Grilled Cheese Goodness
- The Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich – only four ingredients!
- Pizza Grilled Cheese – two of my favorites in one.
- Grilled Cheese Roll Ups – yummy finger good.
- Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich – kids totally love this!
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese – A reader favorite ready in under 10 minutes.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough bread thick cut
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Combine cream cheese, jalapeños, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Spread jalapeño filling over 2 of the slices of bread. Top with cheddar cheese and remaining slice of bread.
- Spread mayonnaise over the outside of each slice of bread.
- Preheat a small skillet over low heat. Place mayonnaise side down in the skillet.
- Grill until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until golden.