This Grilled Mac and Cheese Sandwich is an awesome sandwich combining two childhood favorites! Grilled Mac & Cheese makes an awesome lunchtime treat! Pair it up with tomato soup for a perfect meal! This is like a sandwich truck type of food! They’re amazing, and you know kids will go crazy for these!
These sandwiches would be delicious with pulled pork! They’re such a good marriage of two comfort foods!!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
* Nonstick Skillet * Macaroni & Cheese * Cheese slices *
Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough or other dense bread
- 8 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups leftover Macaroni & Cheese
- Quick Stove top Macaroni & Cheese
- Over medium heat, warm ¾ cup of mac & cheese In a small nonstick skillet. Once warm (about 3-4 minutes), shape mac & cheese into a square about the size of the bread and top with 2 slices of cheese. Turn off heat.
- Butter 2 slices of bread and place both slices butter side down in another skillet over medium heat.
- Top one of the bread slices with 2 slices cheese. When lightly browned turn off heat. Use spatula to transfer mac & cheese rectangle onto cheese covered bread in the skillet.
- Cover with the other bread slice, toasted side up. Gently press together with spatula and transfer to a plate. Serve immediately.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love