Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin is a great way to make a delicious meal in just half an hour!
In this recipe, pork tenderloin is seasoned, browned, and cooked in an Instant Pot until tender and juicy. The juices are made into a quick savory white wine sauce while the tenderloin rests.
Pork tenderloin is lean, healthy, delicious, and best of all, quick to make!
Cooking Pork Tenderloin in an Instant Pot
Pork tenderloin and pork loin are not the same things. Pork tenderloin is a very lean piece of meat that is long and thin, it’s about 2″ in diameter and each tenderloin will weigh about 1lb. This is not to be mistaken for a pork loin which is about 4″ across and a much larger piece of meat. They cannot be used interchangeably in this recipe.
I usually roast pork tenderloin in the oven at a high temperature just until it reaches 140°F (pork should be cooked to medium with a little bit of pink in the middle). In this recipe it cooks quickly in the pressure cooker for a great weeknight meal.
This is a simple pork tenderloin recipe with great flavor so it needs very few ingredients. I cook 2 pork tenderloins (more about tenderloin above) at once.
If the pork tenderloin is frozen, as long as they are separated (and not frozen in a clump) there is no need to thaw before cooking in a pressure cooker (see recipe notes below).
Seasonings are kept simple. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper are all you need (and a bit of oil to brown the meat).
For the sauce I add chicken broth (or low-sodium broth) and a bit of white wine for flavor. If you don’t want to use wine, you can use additional chicken broth in place. If you’ve got fresh herbs, add those in too! Whisk in a bit of cornstarch slurry if you’d like to thicken the sauce.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the Instant Pot
This juicy pork tenderloin is easy to put together and will definitely be one of the recipes you keep in rotation in your kitchen! With just a little prep and some seasonings, you’ll be an Instant Pot pro in no time!
- Season the pork tenderloin per the recipe below and turn the Instant Pot on to saute.
- Add a bit of oil and brown the tenderloin on each side. Browning adds flavor and seals in the juices.
- Remove the tenderloin, add the stock, white wine and scrape down the bits from the bottom (so you don’t get a burn notice).
- Place a rack in the Instant Pot and return the pork to the pressure cooker and cook on high.
How Long to Cook Pork Tenderloin in an Instant Pot
Times may vary slightly but I always cook 1lb tenderloins (two at a time) for 5 minutes on high pressure and then naturally release the heat for another 10.
Before serving make sure the internal temperature of the pork loin is at 145°F at its thickest point then allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. While the pork is resting, make the sauce.
Swap up the seasonings to your liking, paprika, chili powder or cumin are all great options.
Veggies like onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, or other root vegetables can be added to the broth and will not change the cooking time.
You can cook pork from frozen in the Instant Pot. You’ll need to add about 11-12 minutes for a frozen pork tenderloin and then you will still allow for the 10 minute natural release.
What to Serve with Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin goes great with mashed potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and even zucchini! Cook separately or make a ‘raft’ of veggies for the bottom of the instant pot for the pork tenderloin to lay upon and cook everything in one pot! A fresh salad of mixed greens and a few slices of garlic bread out this hearty family dinner!
More Instant Pot Favorites
- Instant Pot Pork Chops – full of flavor
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – ultimate comfort food!
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak – ready in 35 mins
- Instant Pot Chili – thick and hearty meal!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – so easy & delicious!
Did you enjoy this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- In a small mixing bowl add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a plate and season with the spice mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add the pork tenderloin and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. When done, remove from the Instant Pot and place on a plate.
- Pour chicken stock and white wine into the Instant Pot and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the heat off, add the trivet or rack to the Instant Pot. Place the browned pork tenderloin on the trivet. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure to high and cook for 5 minutes.
- After the timer has beeped let the pork natural release for 10 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Check the internal temperature of the pork tenderloin to make sure it’s fully cooked - 140°F to 145°F degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- If desired, thicken the sauce per the notes below while the pork rests.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!