Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin is a great way to make a delicious meal in just half an hour! In this recipe pork tenderloin is seasoned, sautéed, and pressure cooked until tender and juicy.
Once you have figured out how to use an Instant Pot, the sky is limit on quick and delicious weeknight meals! From creamy mac and cheese to deliciously tender ribs, yummy weeknight meals couldn’t be easier.
Cooking Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is a very lean piece of meat. It’s long and thin (not to be mistaken for a pork loin) and each loin will weigh about 1lb.
For the most part, I cook pork tenderloin in the oven at a high temperature just until it reaches 140°F (pork should be cooked to medium with a little bit of pink in the middle). In this recipe it cooks quickly in the pressure cooker for a great weeknight meal.
How to Cook Pork Tenderloin in the Instant Pot
This juicy pork tenderloin is easy to put together and will definitely be one of the recipes you keep in rotation in your kitchen! With just a little prep and some seasonings, you’ll be an Instant Pot pro in no time!
- Season the pork tenderloin and turn the IP to saute. Brown the tenderloin on each side.
- Remove the tenderloin, add the stock, white wine and scrape down the bits from the bottom (so you don’t get a burn notice).
- Return the pork to the pressure cooker and cook on high (per recipe below).
How Long to Cook Pork Tenderloin
Times may vary slightly but I always cook 1lb tenderloins (two at a time) for 5 minutes on high pressure and then naturally release the heat for another 10. Before serving make sure the internal temperature of the pork loin is at 145°F at its thickest point then allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You can cook pork from frozen in the Instant Pot. You’ll need to add about 11-12 minutes for a frozen pork tenderloin and then you will still allow for the 10 minute natural release.
What to Serve with Pork Tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin goes great with mashed potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and even zucchini! Cook separately or make a ‘raft’ of veggies for the bottom of the instant pot for the pork tenderloin to lay upon and cook everything in one pot! A fresh salad of mixed greens and a few slices of garlic bread out this hearty family dinner!
More Instant Pot Favorites
- Instant Pot Pork Chops – full of flavor
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice – ultimate comfort food!
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak – ready in 35 mins
- Instant Pot Chili – thick and hearty meal!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – so easy & delicious!
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- In a small mixing bowl add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place your pork tenderloin on a plate and season with the spice mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add the pork tenderloin and brown on all sides. When done, remove from the Instant Pot and place on a plate.
- Pour chicken stock and white wine into the Instant Pot and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Turn the heat off, add trivet and add in the browned pork tenderloin. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and set the pressure to high and cook for 5 minutes.
- After the timer has beeped let the pork natural release for 10 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Check the internal temperature of the pork tenderloin to make sure it’s fully cooked - 140°F to 145°F degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.