Crock Pot Ham is the easiest holiday ham you’ll ever make!
With just minutes of prep, the slow cooker works its magic, making a tender, juicy ham with an easy brown sugar and jelly glaze.
Serve alongside your holiday favorites, like scalloped potatoes.
Easy CrockPot Ham
I love this slow cooker ham recipe for so many reasons!
- With just a few minutes of prep time, you can set it and forget it.
- Crockpot ham slow cooks to ensure a tender, juicy ham that’s cooked to perfection.
- Making ham in a slow cooker frees up your oven for other dishes.
- Customize CrockPot ham with your favorite glaze or seasonings.
How to Make Crock Pot Ham
I prefer a spiral ham as it’s easy to cut and cook, but of course, any kind of smoked ham will do!
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar in the slow cooker. Add the ham.
- Mix the glaze & pour it over the ham.
- Cover and allow the Crock Pot to do all of the work!
- We prefer a homemade glaze and discard the glaze packet that comes with the ham. You can substitute the glaze in the recipe with the glaze that comes with your ham if you’d prefer.
- You can add ½ cup of pineapple juice to the slow cooker if desired but liquid does not need to be added to the slow cooker, the ham will release juices.
A smoked ham should be cooked to a temperature of 140°F on a meat thermometer. This will take 4-5 hours on low for an 8-10lb ham. Ensure the ham isn’t overcooked, or it won’t be tender. This recipe uses spiral ham which is smoked (fully cooked).
When buying ham, account for:
1/4 – 1/3 lb. per person of boneless ham
1/3 – 1/2 lb. per person of bone-in ham
What to Serve With Ham
This is a great holiday recipe, perfect for Christmas or Easter dinner. Slice the ham, place it on a platter, and garnish with herbs or additional rosemary.
Crock Pot Ham
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 to 10 pound spiral cut ham fully cooked
For the Glaze
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup apple jelly
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the apple jelly. Whisk in ½ cup brown sugar, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- For the ham, in the bottom of a 6 to 7 quart slow cooker, sprinkle ¼ cup of brown sugar.
- If the ham has a plastic disk in the center, remove and discard it. Place the ham into the slow cooker and pour the glaze over the top, making sure to separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze.
- Add ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze.
- Cover slow cooker (see note), add rosemary sprigs and cook on low 4-5 hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!