This Honey Mustard Chicken breast recipe is an all time favorite for me! Tender juicy chicken breasts marinated in a flavorful honey mustard marinade and served with a delicious sauce.
Grill to Juicy Perfection
Making grilled chicken breasts provides a delicious smoky exterior while retaining the juices and this recipe is no exception. Boneless chicken breasts (or thighs) make the best grilling chicken as they’re lean and really quick to make.
If your chicken breasts are really thick, you can pound them to make them a little bit thinner and more even. Cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side (this can vary based on thickness) or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. For lean meats, I always use a thermometer to make sure they are cooked perfectly.
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken
To make this delicious honey mustard chicken recipe:
- MIX: Mix the honey mustard sauce ingredients together. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the honey mustard sauce for later.
- MARINATE: Marinate the chicken breasts for about 4 hours in the fridge with the remaining honey mustard sauce. I find that it’s easiest to do this in a freezer bag turning it every now and then.
- GRILL: Grill the chicken breasts over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side (this can vary based on thickness).
The reserved sauce gets mixed with a little bit of mayonnaise for a topper so good I could literally drink it. Don’t skip it, I promise it won’t disappoint!
What Goes With Honey Mustard Chicken
This is a great recipe for meal prep for the week, I chop it up with some lettuce and other delicious veggies. Pack a little honey mustard vinaigrette on the side and toss it when you’re ready to eat!
More Grilled Recipes You Need this Summer
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu – another great grilled chicken recipe
- Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Poppers – an easy appetizer
- Hobo Dinner Foil Packets – Family favorite
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Corn – the best side ever
- Easy Grilled Chicken Breast – simple and delicious
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or dressing
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix together Dijon, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of the Honey Mustard Sauce and set aside.
- Mix the chicken breasts with the remaining marinade and let sit up to 4 hours in the fridge
- Preheat the grill to medium and grill the chicken 6-7 minutes per side or until juices run clear and the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Add 3 tablespoons of mayo or dressing to the reserved 3 tablespoons Honey Mustard Sauce
- Drizzle over chicken breasts and enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)