If you’re looking for a decadent and creamy dessert, this easy cheesecake recipe is just the thing!
With a simple four-ingredient filling, this cheesecake is fail-proof and delicious. Top it with assortment of fresh berries or sauces!
Ingredients for Cheesecake
This easy cheesecake recipe is a classic for good reason, and it needs few ingredients.
- Graham Cracker Crust: I purchase graham cracker crumbs, but you can also pulse graham crackers in a food processor to make your own crumbs. A bit of sugar adds sweetness, while butter binds the crust.
- Cream Cheese: Full-fat blocks of cream cheese are recommended in this recipe. For a lighter version, low-fat cream cheese can be used, but the texture will be much softer.
- Granulated Sugar: Sweetens the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds flavor to the cheesecake filling.
- Eggs: Room temperature eggs mix smoothly into the batter. If short on time, place the eggs in warm water for 5 minutes to quickly reach room temperature.
How to Make Cheesecake
- Prepare crust: Mix the graham crust ingredients and press them into a springform pan.
- Prepare filling: Combine filling ingredients according to the recipe below. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust.
- Bake: Bake according to the recipe below. Cool and chill before serving.
Do you Need a Water Bath for Cheesecake?
No, you don’t need a water bath for baking cheesecake but it helps with even baking and it helps eliminate cracks. While it might seem like a bit of a task, I can assure you it’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes extra.
To avoid cracks, line two layers of aluminum foil around the outside of the springform pan and place them in a large pan. Fill the pan halfway up with water. If you choose this method, bake it and allow it to cool for a bit in the oven. Cool in the refrigerator.
If you don’t use a water bath, your cheesecake will still be great. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen the cheesecake from the pan. Remove the pan from the cheesecake and let the cheesecake cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
This is what’s so great about cheesecake! There are dozens of toppings and sauces for every cheesecake occasion!
- Sweet: Caramel sauce, Berry, Raspberry, Peach, or Raspberry sauce
- Tart: Lemon curd or Cranberry sauce
- Spiced: Pumpkin or Apple
Storage & Freezing
Keep cheesecake up to 5 days in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap or sealed in an airtight container.
If you’d like to enjoy a few slices out of the freezer, slice the leftover cheesecake before freezing or you can freeze it as a whole cake and thaw the whole thing. Store cheesecake in the freezer for up to 4 months. Let the cheesecake thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Did your family love this easy Cheesecake recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Cheesecake Recipe
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix until well combined and press into the bottom and about ¾-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, scraping the sides as neede. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just until incorporated (do not overbeat, this will cause cracks).
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust and wrap the bottom of the springform pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil. Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan and pour enough water in the roasting pan to reach halfway up the springform pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake is set, turn the oven off, open the door slightly, and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and run a butter knife along the edges. Remove from springform pan and cool completely in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove springform pan and cool completely in the fridge at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.